Happy in My Marriage But…??

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2023 10:45 am
I have been Married just over 20 years & my wife is seriously my best friend, we were a very active couple sexually, now when I say active, I mean we were even on the swinging scene for a few years. so in the last 12 months she has started the menopause at the early age of 47 & lost all her confidence, although she is very attractive, our sex life has become virtually nonexistent, now believe me I do mean it when I say she is my best friend, and I believe I am being very supportive but the lack of sex has really hit me hard, I don’t want leave my wife as my life is very good apart from the sex, so what I’m asking is am I really selfish considering getting sex elsewhere or should I be sucking it up..

hightor

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2023 11:13 am
@Jonny wishbone,
You should really talk to a therapist about this, but you might question why you are allowing it to affect you to this degree. Sexual pleasure isn't the be all and end all in a successful marriage. You've enjoyed twenty years of trust and intimacy – that's a great foundation for a mature relationship. I vote for "sucking it up". ood luck
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2023 12:57 pm
@Jonny wishbone,
I think you should bring this up with her, not us. If she's your best friend, she deserves to know how you're feeling. She may not mind you fooling around given your history of swinging. But it would likely hurt her deeply if she wasn't aware of what you're doing.
0 Replies

Coconuts75

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2023 02:17 am
Don't throw away your marriage just for some meaningless sex!
Just persue your wife more until she gives in. Is she aware that you are willing to start cheating on her, or possibly already have?
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2023 06:58 am
@Jonny wishbone,
I'm not going to downplay the importance of sex in a marriage. It is an integral part of the bond between two people.

Having said that, you must be aware of not only the physical changes a woman goes through during menopause but the mental component as well. You don't mention any particulars, such as hormone therapy or hot flashes. Losing interest in sex is quite common. She's not alone and neither are you.

The worst thing to do is to bring up getting sex elsewhere. Please think through ultimatums such as that. You may get more than you bargained for. You talk about it's been a year but you also need to understand this is for the rest of her life too. Maybe she needs counseling, maybe you do too.

It all boils down to the level of effort from both of you. Both of you need to compromise and only you know what you are willing to do or not do. Just be aware, the grass isn't greener after a divorce and cheaters don't fair well either.

It's not that you have to suck it up either. But a little patience and a whole lot more understanding could be useful at this point.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2023 05:45 pm
Neptuneblue's post is a sensitive one and she's giving you great advice!

Additionally, how would you feel if down the road at age 65 or 70 you'll difficulties performing? Growing old together also means taking in consideration that one partner will have a hard time at one point or another to cope with age
related challenges. One major one is definitely menopause. You need to talk
to her and perhaps she can get a physical checkup and see how her hormone levels fluctuate and what can be done about it.

Help her and accept her changing body, mood swings etc. and try to cope with it together. There will come a time when you'd want that same compassion from her.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2023 09:41 am
@Coconuts75,
Coconuts75 wrote:

Don't throw away your marriage just for some meaningless sex!
Just persue your wife more until she gives in. Is she aware that you are willing to start cheating on her, or possibly already have?

"until she gives in"???
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2023 05:29 pm
@Mame,
Good catch!! Coco has more nuts in it Wink
0 Replies

Jonny wishbone

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2023 08:17 am
Thanks for all your feedback guys
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy in My Marriage But…??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:36:44