My smoking experience

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2023 03:15 am
I have been smoking for about 20 years now. I was actually 25 when I started although some people say usually when you get to that age you are unlkely to start. I was actually on holiday in Italy when I was with friends many of whom were smokers and I decided then to try it. I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed it. I would just like to know what was your first experience of it.

I actually met my husband when we were outside a building smoking.

I just love having a cigarette late at night after a stressful day.

RPhalange

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2023 08:33 am
@Smokinga,
My experience with smoking is somewhat negative.

I never smoked; both my parents did. They eventually quit, but unfortunately they both still died from lung cancer.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2023 08:55 am
@Smokinga,
I enjoyed smoking a cigarette on occasion and never developed an addiction. But I stopped my minimal tobacco consumption in the early '90s. I don't miss smoking but I often go outdoors to hang out with the smokers at parties when that sort of opportunity arises.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2023 10:45 am
@hightor,
You need to be careful. I got a second hand smoke caused cancer (of the bladder) because of working and socializing with smokers. My urologist will not treat bladder cancer patients whose spouses will not quit.

Non smokers inhale smoke deeper than smokers do.
roger

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2023 03:10 pm
@Smokinga,
My experience was exactly opposite. I not only hated my first cigarette, it left me feeling quite dizzy.

Challenge accepted
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2023 04:49 pm
Former mother-in-law had been a smoker but quit completely about 20 yrs before she retired. However she worked in an office where the office smoked at their desks. She died 3-6 months after she retired from second-hand smoke.

Sad situation but you must remove yourself self from smokey environmental exposure and quit smoking yourself. It doesn’t increase your health and survival by any stretch of the imagination.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2023 03:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Thanks for the concern, but it's not really an issue – I attend parties very infrequently, and over the years the little smoker's kaffeeklatch has pretty much disappeared as fewer and fewer people smoke anymore.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My smoking experience
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 12:27:10