What religion am I????

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2023 02:32 am
I never have quite figured this question out.
I have given it alot of thought.
I don't follow any set of religious rituals.
Or any one idiol or leadership.
I believe there is a God but I believe that he has appointed men as helpers to speak his word. But I don't believe any one man that lived was God himself.
I'm trying to keep this short as possible.
I believe in heaven and hell to an extent but I also believe that if God was so loving he wouldn't allow such suffering.
I guess that's why we should fear him! And I pray occasionally.
Thanks for your time

hightor

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2023 02:56 am
@Coconuts75,
You can contemplate your place in life, practice mindfulness, and endeavor to act in accordance with moral principles without belonging to any religion.
Coconuts75

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2023 04:06 am
@hightor,
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2023 08:58 am
@Coconuts75,
Heh, perhaps Jewish although our conversion process is rather involved and we generally don't believe in anything after our lives are over. This is it, so we make the best of it and try to leave things better than how we found them.

We also make great chicken soup Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2023 11:28 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Heh, perhaps Jewish although our conversion process is rather involved and we generally don't believe in anything after our lives are over. This is it, so we make the best of it and try to leave things better than how we found them.

We also make great chicken soup Very Happy

Three cheers for Rugelach! Thank your ancestors for me Jespah.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2023 12:55 pm
@Coconuts75,
The fact you accept "There is a god" you are already aligned to a religion.
This falls under

1. cult
2. religious freedoms ( meaning you worship in your own way )

hightor

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2023 02:30 pm
@PoliteMight,
Quote:
The fact you accept "There is a god" you are already aligned to a religion.

No, it does not. Anyone is free to contemplate the possibility of the supernatural in a non-religious manner, eschewing worship, ignoring spiritual leaders, and rejecting religious doctrine.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2023 02:38 pm
@Coconuts75,
I think the most common way I have heard this expressed is that you are "spiritual". You believe in a higher power and act as such, but you "don't follow any set of religious rituals."
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2023 05:04 pm
@jespah,
I'm thankful for kreplach, and Mrs Gold teaching me how to make chicken soup with hand made matzoh balls. How I wish she and Mrs Finer were still around.

Mrs Finer was a survivor of one of the Auschwitz satellite camps. She was the first person who had the tattoo I'd ever seen on someone I knew.

She told me the stories because my friend Irvin just was not interested.

Their entire family in Poland was reduced to six people on this planet. After the death of four of them, Irv's mother, father, aunt and uncle, and then Irvin's own passing, we lost track of Irv's mom's two cousins, one in Equador and the other in Montreal (I helped Irv find the cousin in Montreal when I worked up there for Pomeroy doing design work), there are still only 10 descendants on earth and Irv never married and never wanted kids.

Sorry for the detour, but this story haunts me and I think of it all at least weekly.
0 Replies

lajmonline

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2023 09:40 am
@Coconuts75,
the end of mankind is religion
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What religion am I????
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 01:45:03