Too late? Too fat?

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2023 11:17 pm
I’m seventeen and am wondering what are the likely hoods of me having a dance career at my current level. I started ballet at around 5 or 6 but only danced 1-2hrs a week max at my local community centre íntima bout age 13. At this age I started taking ballet and dance more seriously dancing maybe 8 hours a week. I started pointe last summer and I current take drop in classes for lyrical and ballet about 5hrs a week or so plus musical theatre dance for school. I kinda wanna be a ballerina now. I’d say I’m at a fairly intermediate/advantaged level off pointe just maybe lack some flexibility idk. I really love dance like at this point it’s the only thing that I really truly love and can see myself doing for many years, but can I make professionally. As a pro ballerina I’m guessing no unless I fully switch my schedule to be dancing 20hrs a week for the next 3 years and then some but otherwise, if I branch out to other styles could I make it.
Also I’m 5’10, 178cm and about 155lbs, 70kg. Am I too fat? My friend said I’d lose 20lbs I’d have the perfect lines but it’s really hard. Idk. What do I do? I’m a junior btw.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 251 • Replies: 2
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2023 06:42 am
@lulujuju123,
Talk to your ballet tutor.

And your doctor, not everybody has the right physique for ballet and you don't want to make yourself dangerously thin.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2023 04:43 pm
@lulujuju123,
It is a lot of work, does not pay as much, are small businesses, not-secluded to women, and you have be at constant. You can not just pick it up and put it down. That being said Human-trafficking has also been a topic around this, and in my opinion go be a dancer just be advised the competition is fierce ( like a beauty pageant ) and many are accepting stereotyped predatory traditionalists. It is a lot of work and they do not want to work.

Arnold Schwarzenegger studied Bailey while he was "Pumping Iron", which enables him to move more fluid like. People who play American Football also practice this, a person who practice this from when they were small children for more then ten years bodies are often augmented. Keep in mind Arnie was a Reality-Agent ( sold properties along side many other famous realities, like the former prez, that guy who did not get his batmobile, and those two from the east coast involving cases of age difference relationships. before he got into body-building, and then acting. His biggest hit was the one he invested with his own income.

Think flat-breasted, flat-behind, flat-chested, but the difference between them and a skinny person is that their bodies are fit like a sports-person.
People to and from Gypsie, Jewish, Eastern European, and various South America types are usually most likely to study this and make it apart of their lives. Usually would be passed down from Mother to daughter. However while a positive thing to practice many dancers can excel in the academics?
A person with a higher IQ is more easier to hypnotize ( follow-directions ).

Who should not be a dancer? Anybody who is not out-going, shy, is unwilling to congregate with people, has communication problems, and watches the news too often, and thus have problems with authority ( being given directions and or help ). Who should be a dancer ? Somebody who is out-going, willing to take chances, and not discriminating and is able to just be honest.

The biggest problem is the mentality and method of thinking. This is an "art" as with any art is conservative, traditional, and while their are new innovations is non-changing. I have seen dance events with people who are disabled, things taken out of context, stuff that looks like some ___ action in real life, to so many more. It is like comparing to a secret-service agent, or ( at least most ) an officer who does not want to do paper-work. In reality all if not most of these "art" people as women do not "wear-the-pants" in the family but hold a considerable amount of income on them ( however that is achieved ). It is like the enthusiasm of some actresses between a famous actress and an person who studied actress they are both the same split down the middle, and will most likely retire early to raise a family and be a house-wife or if income available a home-maker.

It is not going to hurt you to go far with dancing but if you have a problem with people, or being out-going and getting along with people and being honest, then you might as well not.

If you live in fear, have reason to dislike people, and can be shy and full of negative ideas. Think about HP Lovecraft or the book "Small Fry". If your some kind of diva, or self-entitled person to everyone it is not going to be for you.

Can you be wealthy? Again dance has not been popular since the 1980's, where the 1990's sports took it's place. While their are tons of dancers in demand for various events and venues depending on what your living situation is will being doing odd jobs in order to stay afloat.

Your body is a tool that needs to be lubricated, well prepared, and cared for like a baby bird constantly. Honestly I would just want to be able to own my yard and sleep inside of somewhere warm when it gets cold. You want to be there and here and over their then go for it. Again look for listings for dancers wanted and the pay-rates, to actual in house dancers your going to see it is all over the place. Your not going to be a millionaire ( stand-alone ).
Like a musician your going to have to travel non-stop, and be able to prepare yourself for whatever is needed.

One time I was in time square and a big crowd gathered it was a brother ( younger ) and sister ( older ) with the mother using a ghetto-blaster type radio and her kids were doing some out of this world moves showing off. The crowd got big, in the end one guy wanted to get there info for events. It was amazing. You have music-videos, cir-de-solee kinda stuff, and so much of it.
Even so I do not see it as something in which I could sustain myself. It would be never ending. Your not going to stop once you start. I mean "clap-clap" you could end up being a healthy granny, able to hand-stand, and do splits.

You want to go out in the world and explore, then go outside and explore.
There is going to be a time when you ask yourself "where is my house" or "where is my car", and "my property" , and my loyal friends, family, and love ones. To even ask yourself "why aren't my neighbors ____". You could go far or you could not.
0 Replies