My Former Friend might legally lose her daughter forever to her daughter's soon-to-be stepmother.

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 06:55 pm
This is a deep situation. My Former friend and the soon-to-be stepmother have/had high level prosecutor jobs.

One of my Former best friends since childhood was married to a police officer and they had one daughter together. My former friend was an Assistant Prosecutor for the county that we reside in.

5 years ago while she was on a trip with her husband, she meets this woman (Who is a prosecutor herself, but a higher level prosecutor than my friend.) My friend becomes good friends with this woman as they keep in touch overtime.

This woman relocated to the offices in our city for her job.

28 months ago, my former friend found out that her now ex-husband has been having a long-term affair with that woman. They divorced 2 years ago.

My former friend told me that her now ex-husband had actually played a key role in that woman relocating to our state and city.

My former friend lost her job as an Assistant Prosecutor because she has been mentally unstable and been abusing drugs after the knowledge of her husband's infidelity. I honestly think her issues arose way before she discovered that her husband and her best friend were lovers.

Her ex-husband and that woman are about to get married and she intends on legally adopting my former friend's daughter. Since her ex-husband is a police officer and the fact that she has been abusing substances, her ex-husband received full custody of their daughter.

I am actually on the side of my former friend's ex-husband and his soon-to-be wife and the future legal mother of his daughter. I spoke to that woman and asked why she feels it is necessary to become the permanent legal mother of my former friend's daughter and she told me straight off that my former friend is a ****ty mother who is reckless and that the daughter should live with two loving parents in a stable home. She also told me that she had miscarried when she was pregnant with a daughter in a previous relationship and is hoping to become the mother by way of stepmother adoption. While my former friend was going through that intense custody battle, I had actually written and spoken to the court system about how my former friend is unfit to have legal custody of her daughter and that her ex-husband and his soon-to-be wife are better suited to have full custody.

I suggested to her ex-husband and that woman that after they get married, the ex-husband needs to file paperwork to have my former friend's parental rights terminated and after it gets terminated, I strongly advised that woman (since she is a Federal Prosecutor) to hire an Adoption Attorney and begin the process of legally becoming the mom of my former friend's daughter.

My former friend should not under any circumstances should not have custody of their daughter.

I should also note that my former friend's daughter is only 3.5 years old.

They divorced 2 years ago, both her ex-husband and his soon-to-be wife have had custody of the daughter for the last 20 months. This woman has raised my former friend's daughter for overt half of her life and the daughter refers to her as her mother.

This woman lost her daughter in a miscarriage and is getting a second chance at having a daughter. I personally think it is lovely that she intends on legally adopting her.

My former friend has constantly contacted her ex-husband and that woman to try and see her daughter, but that woman already went ahead and filed a No Contact Order on my friend for harassment.

This is why I believe that it is critical for them to start the process of parental termination immediately and then have her begin the official adoption process.

Making this official is critical for them.

Whose side are you on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 249 • Replies: 5

jespah

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 07:35 pm
@OhioStateAlum,
Er, no one's?

The courts will sort it out. My opinion is meaningless in this case.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 06:28 am
The kid's side. The court seem to have this all well in hand. No need to worry.
OhioStateAlum

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 07:17 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Between the two women, whose side are you on?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 08:59 am
@OhioStateAlum,
Easy. The kid's side.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 10:40 am
@OhioStateAlum,
Why does it sound provocatively suspicious that you're the other woman?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My Former Friend might legally lose her daughter forever to her daughter's soon-to-be stepmother.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:39:37