The last supper

kjw47

Sat 1 Apr, 2023 07:03 pm
Luke22 is a great explanation of this--99% of all religion claiming to be christian do it incorrectly and are misleading many into great sin.
Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me= The night of the passover) for a reason) It was a holy day to be remembered yearly and Jesus kept that tradition going for the night of the passover.
Notice verses 29-30--A covenant Jesus made-only to the ones who will sit on thrones. Beside him in Gods kingdom( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)
These are the little flock( Luke 12:32) ONLY= the anointed=the bride of Christ-numbered-144,000=literal. (Rev 7:9) The great crowd of ( John 10:16)other sheep who are not of that fold do not partake of the emblems. It is a great sin if they do. Those just go out of love and respect for Jesus and the little flock and observe that occasion on the night of the passover.
Since verse 29-30 are clear--Why do blind guides not understand it and tell all to partake?

izzythepush

Sun 2 Apr, 2023 03:43 am
@kjw47,
If God is that petty, that anally retentive, he's not worthy of worship.

And eternity with a load of Jehovah's Witnesses is most people's idea of Hell.
Below viewing threshold (view)
The Anointed

Sun 2 Apr, 2023 04:43 pm
@kjw47,
The annual Passover Meal that Jesus held with his disciples in the evening, which was the beginning of the 14th day of Nissan, there was no Pascal Lamb, as Jesus himself is the true Sacrificial Lamb which takes on the sins of the world. Instead, Jesus gave to his disciples the Bread and the Wine, which was symbolic of the body and blood of the true Pascal Lamb.

1Corinthians 11:20-34
20. When therefore you assemble yourselves together, it is not the Lord's supper that you eat. For in your eating each one takes his own supper first. One is hungry, and another is drunken. What, don't you have houses to eat and to drink in? Or do you despise God’s assembly, and put them to shame who don't have? What shall I tell you? Shall I praise you? In this I don't praise you. For I received from the Lord that which also I delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night in which he was betrayed (The night of Passover which is to be kept for all time) took bread. When he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, 'Take, eat. This is my body, which is broken for you. Do this in memory of me.' In the same way he also took the cup, after supper, saying, 'This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink, in memory of me.' For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, (As often as you celebrate the Passover and eat this Bread and Drink this wine do it in remembrance of Me) you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks the Lord's cup in a way unworthy of the Lord will be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread, and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy way eats and drinks judgment to himself, if he doesn't discern the Lord's body.
kjw47

Sun 2 Apr, 2023 05:15 pm
@The Anointed,
Luke 22:29-30- a covenant made by Jesus to those that will sit on thrones)=The little flock= the anointed= the bride of Christ= 144,000= fact.
The Anointed

Sun 2 Apr, 2023 10:16 pm
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote...... Luke 22:29-30- a covenant made by Jesus to those that will sit on thrones)=The little flock= the anointed= the bride of Christ= 144,000= fact.

The Anointed responds....... One doesn't have far to look in order to see, that all your facts are nothing but fictitious imaginations of a demented mind.

Jesus was celebrating the Passover Festival with his 12 disciples, when he said to them in Luke 22: 28-30; ‘’You have stayed with me all through my trials; and just as my Father has given me the right to rule, so I will give you the same right. You (The 12 disciples) will sit on thrones to rule over the 12 tribes of Israel.

Why do you twist and torture the Holy Scriptures in your evil attempt to make them say that, which they do not say.
izzythepush

Mon 3 Apr, 2023 01:29 am
@kjw47,
You just suck the joy out of life.
kjw47

Mon 3 Apr, 2023 06:06 pm
@izzythepush,
One must have truth to give acceptable worship to God-John 4:22-24--- It will suck more going through this life, then finding out one was in error and God would not accept their worship.
kjw47

Mon 3 Apr, 2023 06:07 pm
@The Anointed,
They were members of the little flock--they will total 144,000.
The Anointed

Mon 3 Apr, 2023 10:32 pm
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote........ One must have truth to give acceptable worship to God-John 4:22-24--- It will suck more going through this life, then finding out one was in error and God would not accept their worship.

So, those who attempt to worship God, while believing the Catholic's erroneous statement that Isaiah said that a virgin would bear a Son, their worship will not be accepted by God. That's one of the many reasons God has rejected the worship of the JW Cult, who watch their children die rather than have them receive God's life-giving gift of a blood transfusion.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Mon 3 Apr, 2023 11:12 pm
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote…… They were members of the little flock--they will total 144,000.

The Anointed responds…… The 144,000 are chosen from 12 of the 13 tribes of Israel, 12,000 from each tribe: which tribes are Judah, Reuben, Gad, Asher, Naphtali, Manasseh, Simeon, Levi, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, and Benjamin. None of the 144,000 are chosen from the tribe of Dan and the 12 disciples are kings of those 12 tribes of 12,000 each.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 4 Apr, 2023 01:44 am
@kjw47,
See, there you go, sucking the joy out of life with your nonsense.

Have you ever met anyone, other than a Jehovah's Witness, who considers you good company, or are they all too eager to push you out the front door?

Eternity with people like you would be Hell.

Anything would be better than that.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 4 Apr, 2023 02:12 pm
@izzythepush,
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/0a/9f/860a9f658048e40885a3825747fe0b6a.jpg

This was the illustration to an article on Christ from a Playboy magazine from the summer of '72. It caused such an uproar and fairly disrupted the career of the theologian Harvey Cox. He was a leader in liberation theology.

https://flirtingwithfaith.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/finding-playboy-jesus-on-a-good-friday/

Christ hung with fishermen and carpenters (some say stone masons). Christ had humor and wasn't so much about pushing a lot of the 144,000 biz on we common folks. His first "miracle" was changing water wine. Not an end timer sort of thing to do.

https://flirtingwithfaith.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/art_laughingjesus_pb1989.jpg?w=487

I don't give a poop about being among the 144,000. I'm glad if I make the cut just to get through the gates. I also don't give a poop how many angels can dance on the head of pin and the Bible says don't get get hung up in that sort contemplation, too.
The Anointed

Tue 4 Apr, 2023 02:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
To inherit everlasting life Jesus said, you must love and care for the environment you live in, or love God, the singularity that has manifested itself as this universe-------The essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all being must return at the close of each period of universal activity, and to love your neighbor as yourself and do nothing to them that you would not want done to yourself.

Do this said Jesus and you will live, for the entire law is fulfilled in those two commands. Believe whatsoever you wish to believe, but only by staying true to those two commands will you inherit everlasting life.
kjw47

Tue 4 Apr, 2023 03:45 pm
@The Anointed,
The love Jesus spoke of= love that one gives to family and friends must be given to ones enemies as well. And not to return evil for evil but to return love for evil. Few can do it, pride overtakes them. Those in Noahs day loved their family and friends, Hitler loved his family and friends.
The Anointed

Tue 4 Apr, 2023 06:52 pm
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote....... The love Jesus spoke of= love that one gives to family and friends must be given to ones enemies as well. And not to return evil for evil but to return love for evil. Few can do it, pride overtakes them. Those in Noahs day loved their family and friends, Hitler loved his family and friends.

The Anointed responds...... Indeed, few if any can do it, even the Lord according to what the prophets say about the Messianic king and Saviour, who is to come for the salvation of HIS PEOPLE Israel: Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?" . . . . . The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14: 1. The day when the LORD will sit in judgement is near. Then Jerusalem will be looted, and the loot will be divided up before your eyes. The LORD will bring all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses looted, and the women raped.

Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city.

Then the Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time, he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move to the northwest, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move to the southeast.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 6; And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Lord’s Day of one thousand years) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light. On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter. The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.

Could the Great prophesied war in the Middle East be the trigger to set off the volcano beneath Yellowstone, bringing in a thousand- year period of twilight in which rainbows can't form in our atmosphere? And when, according to Isaiah 65: 20, "If one were to die during that period at the age of 100, they would be but a child.

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Numbers 24: 5-9; ‘’The message of Balaam son of BEOR, the words of the man who can see clearly, who can hear what God is saying and receive the knowledge that comes from the Most-High. With staring eyes I see in a trance a vision from almighty God. I look into the future and I see the nation of Israel. A king like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth.

He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property, while Israel continues victorious. The nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors.’’

0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 5 Apr, 2023 01:45 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I've not said anything bad about Christ or Christianity in general.

Let's face it, it's a faith grounded on being nice to people.

I have a problem with those who purport to follow his teachings while spreading hate and bigotry.

The OP is a case in point. This whole thread is about how he is superior to everyone here because he's part of some special number and we're all pieces of **** in comparison.

The Bible said something about not judging, but it's all these people seem to do.
izzythepush

Wed 5 Apr, 2023 01:46 am
@kjw47,
Just to let you know.

You wouldn't know truth if it bit you on the arse.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 5 Apr, 2023 06:37 am
@izzythepush,
Clumsily, I was trying to expand on your great point on the total joylessness of these guys and how it turns people away from them, and how the assumption of Christ being joyless does not make sense from what we know about Christ.
izzythepush

Wed 5 Apr, 2023 06:53 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I once had to sit through a srrmon where a complete idiot tried to claim all literature was the work of the Devil because it stopped people reading the Bible.

That includes the books about Jesus by Enid Blyton which were given out in Sunday School, and The Highway Code.

Satan tempted the officials at the Department of Transport to write it.

Basically, like a lot of religious types he was as thick as mince who had busted a gut reading the Bible and wasn't capable of reading anything else.

1. Forums
  2. » The last supper
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:31:46