Facebook dates on posted photos...Accurate???

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2023 06:23 am
Hi All,

Are the dates on Facebook posts and photos accurate?

I have looked back on some older posts (2 years ago) and the dates are not accurate. They display dates that are not possible. A recent photo taken about 6 months ago shows a date for mid 2020!?!?

I don't want to change or modify the dates. I just want to know if they can be relied on.

Appreciate your thoughts and comments. Thanks.

jcboy

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2023 06:52 am
@BigPaul13,
Found this on google.

Quote:
Facebook strips that data from photos when they are uploaded. The only date-stamp is the one that users can edit themselves, so there is no guarantee that the date listed on the page with the photo is accurate.
BigPaul13

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2023 01:12 pm
@jcboy,
Thanks for taking the time to check that out. I saw that one too but it is the only answer to my question that I can find. Plenty of stuff on changing the date but that is not what I need.
Thanks again
jcboy

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2023 01:57 pm
@BigPaul13,
No problem, we get a ton of questions here about Facebook, they have so many glitches, they fix one and two more pop up.
0 Replies

DerrickOlley

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2023 12:17 am
Yes, Facebook has enough glitches, especially when logging into my account, they often ask me for documents for verification!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Facebook dates on posted photos...Accurate???
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:32:57