Is there a replacement for Push-ups?

eh2xyu

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2023 01:43 pm
hello, i wanna know if there‘s an replacement for push-ups, even if it’s not as effective and i couldn’t really find anything online yet since i don‘t know where to look and all suggestions i found are just push ups in a different way. i‘m not sure what it‘s called but i got a little bump on my wrist that blocks it from moving so that i could plank on the floor with my hands flat, sometimes the bump goes away for a while but i still can’t move it that much even then.
so i would need something that targets the same muscle groups or most of them but that doesn’t put much weight on my wrists or requires my hands to be flat on a surface.
it would be nice if someone knows and can answer my question and i hope i explained it alright, i sometimes struggle a little with english since i’m not native lol

roger

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2023 03:44 pm
@eh2xyu,
Not really my area of knowledge, but I'm sure you could get the same results with free weights - maybe while lying on your back.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
engineer

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2023 08:21 am
@eh2xyu,
There are a variety of stands you can use so that your wrists are not bent at a 90 degree angle. Here is an example, but you can make simple versions out of household items or even use hand weights.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2023 11:48 am
Using your own body weight, dips work the same general muscle groups as pushups, but also work the muscles in the shoulders. Leaning forward concentrates work on the Pectoralis Majors. A more straight posture concentrates work more on the triceps. They're much more difficult to perform than pushups.

Using weights, bench presses pretty much duplicate the work performed by pushups.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is there a replacement for Push-ups?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:56:02