About love and limerence: do I still love him?

Alex24

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 03:21 am
Hello there! I'm new here (let me know if I need to do my presentation)

Three months ago I broke up with my ex boyfriend because we were arguing too much in that period, but I still loved him a lot and truly think he is my soul mate
The problem is, since I was so mad at him and thought society would judge me for having a relationship with him even tho we argued so much, I decided to find another boyfriend on a dating app

While looking at the guys in the dating app, I didn't truly want to find another boyfriend but still wanted my ex
Unfortunately I found a guy on Badoo that I immediately started to find interesting but a few days after talking to him, I had already lost interest but felt that I didn't love my ex anymore at the same time

Now, after three months, I don't care at all about the guy on Badoo but I still feel like I don't love my ex like I used too and I can't explain how frustrating this is because I was madly in love with him
I still care about him a lot and want him to be my boyfriend and I would marry him
Currently we are trying to fix our relationship

The thing is: when I touch his skin it doesn't feel as good as it was and the world seems less colorful and warm (you know the feeling of seeing everything more colorful when you're in love) and I don't like sex with him anymore
Apart from this, we still have a fantastic connection mentally and I still like kissing him and saying "I love you", even if a bit less
I don't see him as a friend in the absolute way and I truly want to feel like I used to and marry him

I hope this is not too confusing
Now, do you think I could get my "madly in love" feeling back? Do you think I stopped loving him totally or is it just the limerence phase that is gone?

Mrknowspeople

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 03:56 am
@Alex24,
Alex24 wrote:

Hello there! I'm new here (let me know if I need to do my presentation)

Do your presentation please?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 05:40 am
@Alex24,
Nobody stays in the initial giddy stage of love. Nobody. And a lot of people have affairs in an effort to recapture it.

You either progress to a comfortable but less giddy stage, or you break up.

If you were fighting all the time, then I would suggest that breaking up is a more viable option. Weathering fights is a sign of maturity and (possibly) an ability to go the distance. But you don't have to weather a ton of fights. You're allowed to have a tolerance limit.

PS One guy on a dating app who you grow tired of? That's not a sign of anything beyond the fact that finding love (or at least like) on a dating app is far from instantaneous. It's work and it's searching, to find the diamond among the rubble. Don't use that as a gauge for whether returning to your ex is a good idea.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 06:57 am
I want to get back with my ex
Even though he behaved like T Rex
But the people on Twitter
Are like Gary Glitter
And now there's a rat in my kex.
0 Replies

Alex24

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 10:57 am
Ok, I'll do my presentation in another thread Smile
Actually, I said arguing a lot but it was like once a week, which is still a lot but it's a month of our relationship over more than a year of relationship in which we were constantly acting like soul mates

I truly want to make it work even tho I miss the feeling of the "madly in love phase"
The worst part is that I feel depressed since my feelings decreased because some chemicals are literally working differently in my brain

I was just asking an opinion from who may know how this whole stages thing works because before this one, I never had a relationship for longer than six months
0 Replies

Alex24

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 07:58 pm
@jespah,
It's not that I want to get back with my ex because I didn't find a new person yet
I want to get back with him because I don't want anyone else, even tho my feelings for him are less strong
We have the best connection mentally and I don't see my future with anybody else
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » About love and limerence: do I still love him?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 06:40:14