How to say (in a gentle, adult way) please follow through

20GTX

Fri 3 Feb, 2023 05:10 pm
Back story - Mom moved in with her sister (both have beginning dementia. )

cousin (now power of attorney) moved them to Hawaii. Stayed years. (no advice needed about this, please stick to the topic)

My mom is now in a NC home for people with memory problems for the last year. (no advice needed about this, please stick to the topic)

Her phone has been broken for 3 months now. Cousin says she will take care of it. We can contact mom through the facility. Each time someone has to go get her.

When it was at the two month mark we bought her a phone and was going to send it to her.

Asked cousin for a good picture of her to put in mom's phone and she said why did you get her a phone. I'll take care of it.

We returned the phone. 1, 2 weeks go by and the third week I nicely ask what's going on. Cousin said the something is wrong with the phone she got her and she will personally stop by and fix it.

One week later she said something came up and she'll get it done next week.

It's the end of the fourth week. When I texted her yesterday she read it but didn't respond.

Here's my question How do I get her (cousin) back on track in a pleasent nice way.

That if she didn't want to do it, we we're willing to pick up the mantel, but she insisted things be done her way, so please do it.

that what should be said but in a nice way so as to not upset her

Mame

Fri 3 Feb, 2023 05:20 pm
@20GTX,
Why bother? If the staff are willing to get her, what's the problem?

Otherwise, you can simply say to your cousin what you said here (without all your "no advice needed, stick to the topic comments) - you want her to have a damn phone and what will it take? Or, since she's probably annoyed with you by now ( not responding), maybe just leave it?

Why include info which is irrelevant and you comment on, such as:

"Cousin (now power of attorney) moved them to Hawaii. Stayed years. (no advice needed about this, please stick to the topic)"

and

"My mom is now in a NC home for people with memory problems for the last year. (no advice needed about this, please stick to the topic)"

Waste of space and distracting.

The simple question is always the best - My POA Cousin hasn't provide mom with a working phone. How can I politely prod her along?

Answer: No idea. Don't know you, your mom, your cousin (or your relationship with her), the nursing staff, how far along your mother is in her dementia (would she know it's you?)...
RPhalange

Fri 3 Feb, 2023 05:23 pm
@20GTX,
I would get her a phone, contact the facility she is staying at and inform them you are sending if they could help her with it and then just send a nice note, text or email or snail mail whatever your preference simply saying, I understand you are very busy so I thought I would help out and arrange for the phone. Thank you so much for all you do for my mother.

That's it. (just stick to the topic!)

had to add that
0 Replies

Mame

Fri 3 Feb, 2023 05:25 pm
@Mame,
And BTW, please stick to the topic.
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 3 Feb, 2023 05:53 pm
@20GTX,
"Susan (or whatever her name is), you've been great with Mom and we really, really appreciate it. We would like to get her a phone so we can communicate with her better and take something off your plate at the same time. You're already doing so much. So let us do this for you, okay?"
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 4 Feb, 2023 05:24 am
The best way to get someone to follow through is to surreptitiously feed them powerful laxatives.

Although why anyone would want to do that is beyond me.
0 Replies

20GTX

Sat 4 Feb, 2023 11:33 am
@20GTX,
To all the people that dont undestand, the way I wrote this post.

You obviously haven't posted in on a new site in awhile, because the first thing people want to do is go off topic and give you advice/comment, on how the past should have should have been handled instead of giving an answer.

I added the back story about Hawaii because I though people would want to know about the antagonists background and how she not really a bad person.

Thanks for the replys and I'm positive it was all the snarky responses that I never retuned to this site long ago.

I wont be back
jcboy

Sat 4 Feb, 2023 11:38 am
@20GTX,
Please stick to the topic Razz
20GTX

Sat 4 Feb, 2023 11:44 am
@jcboy,
This forum is a JOKE, have fun praying on the people that post here you trollls
jcboy

Sat 4 Feb, 2023 11:47 am
@20GTX,
I thought you said you were not coming back?

Three people gave you advice and you just ignored them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 4 Feb, 2023 01:01 pm
@20GTX,
20GTX wrote:

This forum is a JOKE, have fun praying on the people that post here you trollls

Preying.

I never knew trolls had three ls, they must be the big **** off stone ones.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How to say (in a gentle, adult way) please follow through
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:49:00