Is this forgivable?

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:11 am
Three years ago I went out a night out in town with friends, at this point I’d been with my girlfriend for three years. I was in a club when I noticed a woman kept trying to dance near me, so I kept moving away. Eventually she came up to me and was all over me, saying I’m gorgeous and how much she wanted me. I told her I had a girlfriend but this didn’t seem to matter to her. I tried getting her to dance with one of my single friends but she wasn’t having it. I was very very drunk at this point but I remember this only lasted about 15 minutes of the night. I went to a different club after this and she didn’t come with us.

Hours later I was woken up by my girlfriend who was very angry. I was at home in bed. I’d fallen asleep with my phone on my chest and when she’d gone to put it on charge for me, she saw I had Snapchat messages from that woman. I actually have no memory of giving her my Snapchat, I thought maybe my friends had given her it as a joke or I’d just given her it so she’d leave me alone but didn’t remember. I tried to explain to my girlfriend what happened but she didn’t believe me as she said in the messages I was talking about meeting up with this woman. She didn’t believe me that nothing physical had happened (I know it definitely didn’t). I seriously have no idea why I would do something so stupid as to speak to her when I wasn’t interested in her. After my girlfriend had seen the messages, I deleted the woman off Snapchat, I felt sick having them there.

Anyway, we broke up and moved out of our house. I was devastated as I truly love my girlfriend.

Six months later though, we decided to give things another go and our relationship has been even better this time round. Not blaming anything on my girlfriend but she had problems with alcohol previously (could be abusive when drunk) and she got sober when we got back together, which helped massively.

Skip forward three years, to today. We moved back in together and are happy, still have our ups and downs but are happy. We got into an argument and my girlfriend said it really bothers her not knowing everything that was said in those messages (she was drunk when she read them). So I did a Snapchat data request to get them back. I won’t lie, I didn’t want to. I just wanted to leave all that in the past.

So we got the messages back. Some of them were missing though, so we couldn’t see everything that was said. They did confirm everything I said was true, that it was her who was all over me and that I told her I had a girlfriend. At first you can see I’m not really saying anything bad but as the conversation goes on the woman says “u wanna **** xxx” to which I replied “I like the compliments haha”. Then after that she was begging me to go to her house and I said the only way I could get to her was by driving, which doesn’t make any sense because I didn’t even have my car or car keys, they were at work and it was 5am! She kept telling me to just get a taxi then I told her I was too drunk to go, so clearly I had no intention going. I know my reasons for not going should of been that I have a girlfriend but I was very very drunk, logic had gone out of the window.

Unfortunately, there was something bad that I said after her talking about how much she wanted me and begging me to go to her house for hours. I typed “Well why don’t you show me” and “you’ve turned me on”. I have no memory of this, up until now I really believed
I hadn’t said anything bad. This isn’t who I am, I’ve been cheated on myself I know how awful it is plus I really love my girlfriend.

Anyway, my girlfriend doesn’t know what she wants now. I have done everything she’s asked of me, I pulled up more Snapchat data to prove this has never happened before or since then. I’ve messaged the woman to confirm nothing happened with us. I’ve let her go through my phone as many times as she wants (this has been hard for me as I really value my privacy) but nothing seems to be good enough. I just don’t know what to do to prove to her this was a one time drunken mistake.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 601 • Replies: 19

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:36 am
@Discolisp,
You can stay with her and be punished for this every day of your life or you can move on.

She's an alcoholic, and they never see reason.

Being single is better than having to deal with that ****.

And if it wasn't this, it would be something else.

Discolisp

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 05:56 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you for your reply!

She’s even said herself that I don’t deserve to be punished for a drunken mistake I made three years ago. She’s just in two minds at the moment.

Leaving isn’t something I want. A side from this issue, we actually have a very healthy relationship. I want to get back to that.

I just wanted to know if this is something people would consider unforgivable?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 06:06 am
@Discolisp,
It doesn't matter what people think. It matters what she thinks.

What do you think her reaction will be if you tell her you asked a load of strangers on the internet and they all think she's being unreasonable?

The person with issues is your girlfriend, and if she doesn't get help you'll be hearing about this forever more.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 06:59 am
I agree with izzy. And I also think it's immature of her to harp on something that happened in a drunken moment three years ago. What happened, or didn't, is in the past and you paid for it already with the breakup. She shouldn't have brought it up again.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2023 07:10 am
@Mame,
She was drinking heavily before this happened, she clearly has underlying issues which need to be resolved or this will keep happening.

People don't start drinking heavily if everything is fine and dandy, (unless they're on holiday.)
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2023 05:07 pm
@Discolisp,
I agree with Izzy and Mame, this woman has problems you can't fix. I can't imagine having to dig thru mountains of information to prove to my husband I can be trusted, and I'm not unfaithful. That happened with my first husband, He had to point a gun at me before I realized there was no way to fix it. I grabbed the baby and left (abbreviated) and haven't had another serious regret since then.
0 Replies

Discolisp

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2023 06:32 pm
Up until now I’ve been really beating myself up over it, but I think it’s time for me to forgive myself, even if she can’t. I know I typed a few bad things in those messages but really that is the worst of it. This woman was begging me for hours to go to her house, telling me how much she wanted to **** me and I didn’t go - it could if been much worse.

I’m not some cheating scumbag. I just made a drunken mistake. I’ve never been in a situation like that before and I’ve definitely learnt from it. I’d know exactly what to do if put in that position again.

I’m not sure where me and my girlfriend go from here but thank you all.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2023 07:12 pm
@Discolisp,
You know what. I am making this clear. It looks like this LGBT thing is kinda so limited that couples do not really care at all. If this was a guy and a gal and I was dancing on her, she would move away and I would continue dancing until I found somebody else that would dance.
Discolisp

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 07:15 am
@PoliteMight,
Sorry, I’m a bit confused by what you mean?
Medusax

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 07:39 am
@Discolisp,
Oh...I love that one...I gave her my number/Facebook/Snapchat, etc so she would leave me alone. That is pure bs right there. Nor can I envision any of my friends giving anything to someone I was not interested in. "Yeah....I didn't like the guy at all, so I gave him my number so he'd really understand that". Can you imagine hearing that from a female? (LOL)
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 07:55 am
@Discolisp,
Discolisp wrote:

Sorry, I’m a bit confused by what you mean?

You catch on quick Cool That nut confuses everyone.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 09:00 am
@Discolisp,
It’s not the alcohol. My 5 cent diagnosis is narcissistic tendencies. Best to let go of them, followed by finding out why you stayed so long.
Discolisp

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 11:10 am
@Medusax,
Oh I actually agree with you. I know how it sounds. I can’t really offer a further explanation as to why I gave my Snapchat as I have no memory of it.

In my sober logical brain, I know I’d of never given out that information. The first message she sent me though was “u my lovely, is beautiful. Just know that ur girlfriend is very lucky” and at one point when I tell her I can’t talk and am going to sleep she says “it’s alright, I got your Snapchat finally”.

Not making excuses here, just trying to paint a picture. I have never experienced anyone be all over me like that before, and for everything I can’t remember, I do remember it being very overwhelming.
Discolisp

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 11:42 am
@Discolisp,
Just to add. I’m not saying those two messages show how much she was all over me. You’d have to see all the messages to know what I mean.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 11:46 am
@Leadfoot,
@Disco
And I did mean 'with the gf', not the random Klingon.
Discolisp

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 11:56 am
@Leadfoot,
Just to be sure, you mean my girlfriend could have narcissistic tendencies?

Sorry, I keep getting confused lol
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 12:01 pm
@Discolisp,
No, that's all on me.

Yes, I meant your gf.
Discolisp

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 12:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
I’ve never thought of that before. What makes you think that?
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 12:23 pm
@Discolisp,
Similar experience. She shows an inexplicable anger over incidents that are truly innocent and counter to what has become 'normal' between you. Be especially careful if this is a repeating pattern.

I didn’t see it at the time either.

Google NPD for an hour and see if anything sticks.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is this forgivable?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:03:05