Should I see my ex who has contacted me?

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 12:40 pm
My ex has contacted me after a few years. I'm currently in a 15 month relationship. My current bf has told me he wants us to marry in a year or so if I'm ready. My family loved my ex and while they like my current bf they still think my ex was the right one for me. We broke up b/c I was upset with the way he didn't introduce me to his friends after dating a few years and I just felt he wanted a companion more than a girlfriend at the time but generally, he was very good to me. Should I even both to see him or not?

Mame

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 01:32 pm
@wonderingperson,
So you don't really love your current boyfriend, then. Obviously you don't or getting back with your ex wouldn't even occur to you.

I think you need to figure out your feelings by yourself. What I mean by that is that your family isn't going to be living with him so their feelings are a little irrelevant.

Finally, what makes you think your ex will be any different?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 01:56 pm
@wonderingperson,
Getting back together with your ex is like hoping the sour milk in your fridge
will be good tomorrow.

Mame

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 02:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
I was thinking the same thing but it's not always the case. I have a friend who was divorced for 15 years and they got back together and have been remarried for 13 years.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 02:13 pm
@Mame,
Nice to hear, but it happens rather seldom.
Mame

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2023 03:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yeah, you're right.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2023 06:31 am
The root of this problem seems to be that you don’t trust your own judgment. Fix that before you do anything further.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I see my ex who has contacted me?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:46:37