Woodwegian Nor

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 12:49 pm
An FM radio creation made by reassembling Norwegian Wood into a Beatles curiosity called Woodwegian Nor. Not sure of the spelling) It was played a lot yet seems to not be mentioned on web today. Where can I hear it please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 363 • Replies: 4
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by dwarless
jcboy
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 01:13 pm
@dwarless,
Is this it?

beachdog67

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2023 11:44 pm
@jcboy,
That is the original "Norwegian Wood."
The "Woodwegian Nor" track was an absolutely masterful job of cutting and pasting that managed to seamlessly retain the sound and feel of the source, while scrambling the lyrics into a nonsensical word salad (hence the title).
And remember, this was long before the advent of digital audio files. SOMEBODY sat in a production room for hours with a reel to reel tape of the track, rocking it back and forth over the playback head to find the cut points, marked them with grease pencil, carefully cut them with a single edge razor blade, and painstakingly reassembled godnose how many little strip of tape, joining them one by one in proper sequence on an editing block with 3M splice tape.
Once the editing was complete, the finished product was copied onto a clean tape for durability, and dubs were lovingly passed from hand to hand by Production Managers, Program Directors, and other friends in the informal network of folks working at various FM "underground rock" stations across the country.
Once upon a time, I knew who was responsible for the original project and what station (someplace in the Midwest, I think) it came from, but that information has long since disappeared from the accessible areas of my memory.
Every now and then, I get a bug in my ear about it, and go crawling the internets. But all I seem to find are enough posts like this to assure me I didn't make the whole thing up.
0 Replies

dwarless

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2023 10:35 am
Thanks for the reply. Now if we can just find a copy of it!
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2023 10:42 am
@dwarless,

this fird has blown...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Woodwegian Nor
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:13:11