tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 12:06 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Matt Gaetz just voted for Donald Trump, what a **** show!

Why was that action taken so long?
jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 12:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

jcboy wrote:

Matt Gaetz just voted for Donald Trump, what a **** show!

Why was that action taken so long?

Don't know but this is better than going to the circus Razz
Mame

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 12:12 pm
@jcboy,
It sure is! It's like the Three Stooges Smile
jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 12:35 pm
@Mame,
There is a lot more than just three stooges in the room Smile
Mame

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 12:39 pm
@jcboy,
Yes, you're right - it IS a circus Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2023 02:49 pm
@Mame,
If we're talking to the level of Bread and circuses and it might get pretty bloody. It would be fitting for that certain level of conservatives who supported the Jan. 6 riot.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2023 02:24 pm
Really 12 votes? Ok fine, I’ll be the speaker. 🙄
Buckle up, it’s gonna be a wild ride. Razz
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 06:27 am

Jeffries makes history as first Black lawmaker to lead a party in Congress
(cnn)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 04:48 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
What case? One might ask?

I notice that you don't state any part of his platform, or his beliefs, or what laws he'd like to pass or repeal. If I were considering supporting someone, that is the first thing I'd want to know.
snood

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 05:45 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

snood wrote:
What case? One might ask?

I notice that you don't state any part of his platform, or his beliefs, or what laws he'd like to pass or repeal. If I were considering supporting someone, that is the first thing I'd want to know.

“If you were considering supporting” them, huh?

His record is stellar. But Brandon, you and I both know that all you would do if I laid it out for you is try to find the parts you could disparage. I seldom even do homework assignments for people on this forum I do respect, and who DO make inquiries in good faith.

If you ever “consider supporting” Leader Jeffries, you won’t have any problem at all finding details of his legislative record, personal life, and his general views. He’s always been very outspoken and open.

Here, I’ll even post a link to a list of the 124 bills he’s sponsored or co-sponsored. I’m sure you’ll find it fascinating reading.

https://www.congress.gov/member/hakeem-jeffries/J000294?q=%7B%22sponsorship%22%3A%22sponsored%22%7D
glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:36 pm
@snood,
The democrats definitely need a leader that can keep them unified and disciplined. I don't mean disciplined like that motley group of fake God worshipers who grill candidates for the Supreme Court by asking ridiculous questions like "Are you a good Christian" as if the Supreme Court was a religious position.

I believe Jeffries will be the leader the democrats need and hopefully dispense with the niceties we still try to spread around as if those niceties will be returned. The republicans have been playing us for suckers for years, it's time to tell them no, just a flat freaking no.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 10:45 am
@snood,
Thank you. No, you and I both know that I already enough to know that I wouldn't support him, but I thought it odd that in a post called "The Case For Hakeem Jeffries," nothing whatever about what he believes or his platform appeared.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 08:47 pm
My thinking and motivation behind this discussion had to do with Leader Jeffries’ approach to the job of minority leader. I’ve heard some doubts expressed about whether he is what the Democrats need right now. I think he is uniquely suited for the times we are going through right now.

He does not gladly suffer the kinds of fools and foolishness that the opposition party is saturated with right now. We need people in charge who will call sedition and obstruction and lying and fraud what they are, and not waste too much time couching terms in ways that will be palatable to the mealy mouthed mainstream media.

Like Secretary Buttigieg, Leader Jeffries has a way of focusing on the
problems at hand, parrying the inevitable obfuscation and bad faith arguments as they come, then immediately re-focusing. (My current ‘dream ticket’ for president is Jeffries/Buttigieg😁)

Jeffries possesses an ability and willingness to answer tough questions directly - a very rare thing with politicians.

I think his clarity of purpose and direction will be a significant counter to the inertia and malaise that so easily besets those people that we elected to do the business of the people.

I think he will be an excellent minority leader.
I think he would be an excellent Speaker.
I think he would make an exceptional president.

It may take a while for the general public to appreciate what we have in Hakeem Jeffries. Hell maybe they never will - just like people still try ignore the kind of warrior that Nancy Pelosi was.

But I see it, and I hope others come around to seeing it as well.
engineer

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 07:43 am
@snood,
He gave a pretty solid speech on the floor. Lots of praise for his alphabetical takedown of current politics.
snood

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 08:19 am
@engineer,
He’s a great speaker, but I think his best qualities are his work ethic and his grasp of the subject matter when taking on issues. Pelosi was a mentor of his, and I think he will show some of her ability to herd Dems into unifying.
0 Replies