Mold Growth in Different Temperatures

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 08:07 am
I live in a apartment complex that recently had to deal with a mold issue in a few units. Our one roommate is concerned that if my other roommate and I keep our windows open during the winter it is going to cause the mold to grow back. The one roommate keeps his room warmer and the vents are all connected. Is he correct about the mold growth?
Thank you

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 08:24 am
@blancaster,
I doubt what you describe would cause mold. By far, the biggest factor in mold growth is the sustained presence of water. If you have a poorly ventilated area that gets moisture, you can start to grow mold. If you don't have this, the temperature doesn't matter all that much. I don't know where you live, but good air circulation is usually good for preventing mold (since it keeps water from collecting on surfaces). Assuming the inside is warmer than the outside air, letting outside air in should keep the humidity inside down.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mold Growth in Different Temperatures
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 09:49:55