The line

Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 12:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Well I for one am not heading back there. I hear rumor they divert you to a line for people lining up to get jobs. I see no reason to put myself in that situation. I'll just dehydrate here and let the gentle breeze float me to the front of the line.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 03:08 pm
I have a slinky and no inclination to use it. Arf arf.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 02:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
I see a squirrel!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 03:45 pm
@ehBeth,
The last time I lined up, I caught me a plane .
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 03:48 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I got a streetcar Laughing
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 03:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Gawd, I see a duck, I've got wetlands.

Razz
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 08:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Do you need a towel?
Sturgis

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 08:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Do you have one in red made of the finest cotton?

NO, NO, not for me...it's for that sad looking gentleman back there and he said he'll only accept it from a beautiful lady, which turns out to be you.

Don't worry, I'll keep your spot here until you return.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 09:02 am
@Sturgis,
thank goodness I've been working on my tossing arm

maybe you can go back and hold him up while I prepare to overhand the towel to him
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 09:31 am
I've hired a fleet of front end loaders, the kind they used in Soylent Green. I hope they show up soon.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 05:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgar! your trucks - they're heading the wrong way! if you get on that scooter over there and go after them you may be able to catch them ...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 05:13 pm
They aren't really going the wrong way. I sent them home because they wanted to eat all the profits.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 05:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
They're going to your house? stop them before they get to mrs edgar!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 05:18 pm
@ehBeth,
No; the old folks home on the next block. I would never endanger my family like that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 09:29 pm
I am taking off my shoes to air out my feet. After standing here all summer, they are quite ripe. Look a there. The socks are stiff. Oh, but it feels good.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 04:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
You do realize, I'm sure (well almost sure as I am never entirely sure, even when I am completeredly and utterly kind of sure) that removal of argyle socks will force you to the end of the line. Removal of wool socks, sends you 400 spaces back, removal of synthetic material socks will send you off line entirely and into the next county. Removal of all other socks will send you back 200 spaces for each 100 spaces forward you go.

Not to mention, some will be enamored of the smell/aroma filling the air when you tug off your socks. They will swoon and faint, causing a need for medical attention, and the medic tent is way up there...by the front of the line.

Never mind, I see it's about to rain, and those are heavy water clouds so I won't be alerting the sock police just now.

Hmm...I see an opening up there, I'll go and get it, because it's near my new best friend (although they don't yet know how close we are)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 08:26 pm
I have been contemplating, waiting here in the rain, why do sloths have three toes? To wear on their feet, of course. Another brain tickler: How many ahead would leave, if their ipads and iphones or whatever ceased functioning? No way to sabotage them, of course. I'm washing my socks in the outstream of a gutter pipe.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 01:29 am
I was strolling by and just thought I'd take a look.

Line, eh? Looks more like a queue to me.

What's at the front then? A National Park about to open or something?
I can see the Statue of Liberty way over there on the horizon. Don't tell me this queue snakes all the way down there!

Are there toilet facilities nearby?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:00 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Toilet facilities? I think there's a Port-a-potty across the way over there. But you'll lose place in the line...er...queue if you go.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 03:03 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
What? I've been here about two hours now, so there is no way I'm going to lose my place!
I'll just have to discreetly pee in this empty coke bottle.....takes a bit of wangling....but....ah, that's it......aaaah ........oooooh.....aaaah.....

That's better. Now, what do I do with this bottle?