Confused!

Linduh

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2022 11:14 am
Will try to make this as short as I can. My husband flew to pick up his sister that has dementia, her daughter was not giving her any care. Starting from square one, all we know is she has dementia, not getting any money coming in and so forth. Finally we got her to collect widows benefit and that was great. Now we have no insurance for her. Getting in touch with the Social Security Office is the biggest pain in the butt to find out anything. Since she has had dementia for a few years I don't know what to do. She is denied government help because she gets too much in benefits. Should we have applied her for Disability instead? I don't know where to go or what to do. Should I enroll her in the regular insurance. She is just 61 years old. I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here but I am so fed up with holding on the phone that I cant stand it anymore! Thank you for your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 473 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2022 12:23 pm
@Linduh,
Sorry. You may not like this answer. Try and locate an attorney who specializes in social security issues.
RPhalange

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2022 01:19 pm
@Linduh,
Are you in the US? Most states have a department of aging or some other state elderly services. They may be more helpful than social security as they are supposed to be advocates for the elderly. I know where I live it is elderly and disability together so you would likely be able to find out if she qualifies for disability.
Linduh

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2022 09:02 am
@tsarstepan,
Thank you!
0 Replies

Linduh

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2022 09:03 am
@RPhalange,
Thank you!
0 Replies