Terms of endearment in the workplace

RPhalange

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 10:58 am
@Barry2021,
Quote:
That's the thing, I can't be rude because 100% of our calls are recorded. I ask nicely can you please call me by my name. How is that rude to a patient? My name is my name. But because I technically work customer service, that doesn't mean I want to be called sweetheart, baby, or honey.

And I don't think I should have to ask to be respected. Respect should just be a given.

I agree. It is not rude to ask to use your name. And you should not have to be respected. But there are a lot of rude people out there and I see no reason to speak up for yourself and firmly but politely insist on them be respectful. Hanging up gets you no where; just in trouble. Not asking but insisting some one speaks to in a respectful way demonstrates that you will not be rude as they are but will also not be someone that allows them to be stepped on.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:26 am
@Barry2021,
Well it sounds like your a receptionist at a medication dispensary. It sounds like your a girl. Honestly your not important, I do not care if your a RN/CN or whatever. Your just a human being that interacts with people. If you work in a pharmacy again your not important because you have a certificate or whatever. Clap, Clap you can read and count numbers, and do not want to pick up trash. Clap Clap.

I did work, where I was responsible for children, homeless, elderly, and interacted with city officials, police, lawyers, community-people, medical-doctors, and their families and I had to deal with homosexuals and certifiable perverts and Pedophiles in the area calling me "sweet cheeks"

I am not going to turn around and punch somebody in the face for being a sicko, I am going to continue on with my duties.

I could eliminate your receptionists entirely and replace you with a computer with buttons with one person behind the counter and no human interaction at all ( just like the Japanese ticket booth agents ). That is how useful you are.

Your not the president, your not god, your not a CEO of some kind of border-line-lesbian agency.

You need to grow up and understand the world could get a lot worst then from where your located.

Mame

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:28 am
The thing is, Barry, you can't control what others say or do, only what you say and do and how you feel about it.

Many people use those terms the way others say 'you know'. They don't mean it in a disrespectful way and probably don't even realize they're doing it. You can continue to be annoyed about this or you can let it go. You're making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.
Barry2021

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:39 am
@PoliteMight,
PoliteMight wrote:

Well it sounds like your a receptionist at a medication dispensary. It sounds like your a girl. Honestly your not important, I do not care if your a RN/CN or whatever. Your just a human being that interacts with people. If you work in a pharmacy again your not important because you have a certificate or whatever. Clap, Clap you can read and count numbers, and do not want to pick up trash. Clap Clap.

I did work, where I was responsible for children, homeless, elderly, and interacted with city officials, police, lawyers, community-people, medical-doctors, and their families and I had to deal with homosexuals and certifiable perverts and Pedophiles in the area calling me "sweet cheeks"

I am not going to turn around and punch somebody in the face for being a sicko, I am going to continue on with my duties.

I could eliminate your receptionists entirely and replace you with a computer with buttons with one person behind the counter and no human interaction at all ( just like the Japanese ticket booth agents ). That is how useful you are.

Your not the president, your not god, your not a CEO of some kind of border-line-lesbian agency.

You need to grow up and understand the world could get a lot worst then from where your located.

Well since you want to be rude, how about this?

You're not your!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:43 am
@Barry2021,
Don't bother, he's a delusional semi literate repulsive bigot.

He has nothing to offer, and there is no point reading him.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:44 am
@Barry2021,
Calp calp plac plac I am not a writing major. You do not want to wake up to reality that people are people and if you want to feel special then maybe you should up your rank so you will have that power you feel that you so richly deserve.
Barry2021

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:45 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

The thing is, Barry, you can't control what others say or do, only what you say and do and how you feel about it.

Many people use those terms the way others say 'you know'. They don't mean it in a disrespectful way and probably don't even realize they're doing it. You can continue to be annoyed about this or you can let it go. You're making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.

No, you can't control what others say or do but you can control what others call you. And I also hate filler words. My wife is a prime example. And yes, I'm male to the one person who suggested I might be a girl. My wife loves to say "you know" when we're talking. I look at her and say no I don't know. I hate filler words like you know and like. That irks me to no end. You're right Mamey!
Mame

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:50 am
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:

...but you can control what others call you.

Well, apparently you can't... some people think those terms are friendly and use them that way. It's not meant to be a put-down. What I'm suggesting is that you consider the source and don't take it personally.
0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:52 am
@PoliteMight,
PoliteMight wrote:

Calp calp plac plac I am not a writing major. You do not want to wake up to reality that people are people and if you want to feel special then maybe you should up your rank so you will have that power you feel that you so richly deserve.

Rank has nothing to do with this. It's about respecting someone else's wishes and not calling them something other than what they want to be called. The person working in the mailroom deserves no less respect than the CEO.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 03:05 pm
@Barry2021,
I was a civil servant, their benefits were a right, witholding them for personal reasons was considered gross misconduct.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:16:21