Please tell me what I did wrong!

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 09:31 am
My wife is always suspicious of any other female that is in close proximity to she and I. I'm just wondering what I did wrong here. A little more than a month ago our church had a women's weekend full of seminars and things like that. IT was posted online and through all of the church's social media accounts. One young girl saw it and showed up. She's not a member of the church but I think she may have been new to our city so she came to check it out. I guess this girl looks to be around 24 or 25, under 30 for sure. And since then this girl has been coming to all of our services. I noticed her that particular weekend since she was a visitor. I was there with a few other guys helping move tables, chairs and doing manual stuff. I may have spoken to the girl in passing. Nothing more than "welcome to our church" or something like that. Ever since then this young woman has been coming to ever sunday service we've had since then.

This past Sunday I was up about to give the welcome and I noticed her come in. One of the ushers walked her to the row my wife and I normally sit on and she sat down just a few chairs from my wife. Nothing out of the ordinary. When I sat down I was on the other end of my wife, to her left, and the girl was to my wife's right a few seats down. Half way through the service my wife turns to me then glances back over at the girl then turns back to me and says, "do you know her?" I looked at her and said, "not really, why do you ask?" My wife then turned her head and wouldn't answer. I know my wife and I immediately saw the wheels in her head turning. Once service was over and we were on the way home I asked her again why did she ask me if I knew that girl. She still would not answer. I think told her that this was the same girl who has been coming to church every sunday since the women's weekend and she actually sat right next to my wife at the other table when they broke for lunch. My wife then broke her silence and finally said "oh, that's her? I didn't recognize her." This particular sunday this girl had her hair down instead of up in braids.

Of course in my wife's mind this must have been some girl that I apparently was messing with and she just so happened to decide to sit next to my wife during service. Like I told my girlfriend to come to church and sit on the same row as me and my wife. I'm kidding there so please do not make more of that than it just being a statement. My wife hadn't made the connection that this girl has been coming to church every sunday since then because my wife sits there with blinders on. She doesn't want to get to know anyone other than the few people she speaks to. When the benediction is given my wife makes a beeline straight to the car. I'm a church officer so when we get to church normally I go around and speak to everyone. And after service I like to stand and speak to those who weren't there when we got there or I may have to assist the pastor with something after church. Maybe it's me but I notice visitors every sunday and can tell when they start coming on the regular. Like I said, the most I've probably said to this girl was "welcome to our church", that's it. But to my wife I knew this girl on a more intimate level so she just had to ask if I knew her. Normally she would sit a few rows behind us but yesterday the usher walked her to our row.

What did I do wrong here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 189 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Please tell me what I did wrong!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 12:07:37