Was This Cheating What Is Your Vote or advice?

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 11:30 am
40 plus years Happily married young both at 17 years old with our Daughter already born two months before we decided to marry.Hard to find employment working two jobs and no medical or former trade I decided and she agreed it would be good for me to join the Army for income,training of a Trade and possibly a long term future. Only married 4 months left for the Service done the enlistment. I got out at the end of the enlistment found work in two months and worked a full time always until retired.Never ever went out on my wife like most of my male friends had done. After just a short time home from service a family member told me my wife had gone out with my best friend at least once maybe more ( best man from our marriage day being a life long friend I had know but she never really knew him until we met and married) while I was away in service.

I decided to ask her directly if she went out with him thinking it most likely was not a big deal and she had just never mentioned it. When I ask her she denied it ever happened! I also just for the hell of it ask my best friend if he went with my wife while I was away and he as well denied it! So as time passed quite a bit maybe a couple of years or a little more like three or so. I was out riding with a newer friend on motorcycles I knew and we became good friends actually ended up a very good friend for about 30 years. We were taking about where My best friend had divorced who married a couple years after we did and he was engaged to marry another that my Biker buddy knew well. He said his marriage wont last he cant stay true to his women! And then he said years back I saw him out with your wife before she was your wife a couple times when we practiced music at his house! Glad your wife never ended up with him cause your wife is really a great friend and girl! I then found out my new biker buddy was there and seen them,he never knew he was telling on my wife. He never knew me before I went in the service. I asked him when it was he seen them the times at Practice? It was in exact time while I was first in the service! Wife had went out with him while I was in boot camp, so less than 30 days after I went in she was out with my best friend. I ask my biker buddy if they were having a relationship with moves or screwing around and he said he never knew just seen them together a few times there smoking and having drinks while they practiced music that she came with him in his car and left while both were drinking and smoking.

So ask my wife several times again right after I knew if she was out with him she kept same story asking I did believe her? I backed way off going around my best friend who I decided was not any longer. I would come home one time he was my house and left as soon as I got there and I smelled smoke in the room. She denied and said he stopped by to see what we was doing was all. I watched her over the next years nothing took place I could see. My wife Sister was out drinking with me one nite and playing pool while were waiting on my wife and her Sister had told my best friend came by her moms house across the road from her place and picked my wife many times while I was overseas thinking nothing about what she just told me! I them asked my wife little sister one night a bit of time after that to find out my wife was picked up by my best friend BEFORE WE WAS MARRIED TOO! not thinking about what she told me and was talking at Christmas time telling what a good friend my best friend was and to my wife and her family too!

I confronted my wife again after learning so much more and asked her one night again which she denied as always and decided to tell her only what my Bike friend told me and that he was there and how. She must have remembered he was there before he knew us! So she said yes I was there and did go out with him ONLY ONE TIME and nothing sexual ever took place not even a move from him or her,she was just bored and went with him to practice once! Times past I asked again she kept same story ONE TIME I decided to let know it was more than once and told he what one sister told me that he picked her up at her moms while was overseas! She denied it called her sisters both liars!

Fast forward more years later I had too much to drink and told her just a little more she admitted she went out him more than once but nothing ever happened and it was maybe two times she went out but never at her moms did he come get her and she went out fast forward more years she finally after many discussions tells me in fact went with him and he picked her up many times and she didn't know how many times,could not remember. I asked why did she lie to me to many years and she used the excuse I would get mad but NOTHING ever happened with them ever not even a move from either one took place! So really what was rough was when I asked what do two people do that is young smoking,drinking and knock out like you with him for 4 and 5 hours times you went out? She never curses or ever gets voice up ever and yells at me real loud its not what you think it was and I NEVER FUCKED HIM!! Blew me away. Then she cries and sobs and denied she cheated on me! I told her that her years of denial and going out with him was in fact cheating and I was hurt very deeply and have been for years. She then yells I NEVER FUCKED HIM!! You never believe me! I told her your right I don't believe you ! You already cheated no matter what you think! If it was innocent why did you not tell me? Why did he not tell me? Why him every time for years and before no one else you went to see cause you were board. You never hung with him in my presence or ever went anywhere with him when I was around ALL THESE YEARS it ONLY IN SECRECY!
I held on to raise three kids totally and set financially I told her I just wanted the truth for years I forgave you already for cheating on me. Why did you do this to me? What did I do wrong? Tell me all of it please and what are you and he hiding? She claims she loves me no one else always has nothing with him ever and she never messed around him.

What does a man do with his? How can a man ever know the truth that has ripped his soul apart? what is she hiding and I know she had to have relationship with him and was messing around him or why else would she risk all by not telling?

What is your opinion of this very long story?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 581 • Replies: 22
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 12:12 pm
@Oldboy66,
My opinion is you are hunting for things to get mad about.

How many decades ago was this? The damned Statute of Limitations has run.

Let it go. Do not borrow trouble.
engineer

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 12:29 pm
@Oldboy66,
Oldboy66 wrote:
40 plus years Happily married

Read that line again. If I read this right, you have been holding a grudge for 40 years. Let's say that 40 years ago, your teenage wife, a young mother with a child six months old, left by her military husband, did go out with a friend a few times (or many times). Does it matter now that you have built a life together? Given your reaction, is it any wonder she didn't mention it? I think you have two choices here, end your marriage or let it go. I don't think there is a middle ground where you continually try to guilt trip your wife and somehow end up happy.
FearlessDiva

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 01:46 pm
At the end of the day you can't confirm she officially cheated without any proof. If you are suspicious download spying apps or install cameras and other recording devices. Either way I don't see any point in being with someone you don't trust. If she is still seeing other men who are not you tell her about why you think this is inappropriate and why the only man she should be investing this amount of time and energy on is you, whether or not any physical intimacy took place.

If an emotional bond has already been created then I would say yes this is cheating in a sense, because that mutual romantic attraction is what actual physical cheating can eventually lead to. But wait until you two are both calm and rational before you discuss the matter again. In determining whether your partner is unfaithful, sometimes it is best to go with your gut instincts.
jespah

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 03:08 pm
@FearlessDiva,
You're recommending that for a nothing burger from 40 years ago?
0 Replies

Oldboy66

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 06:48 pm
@FearlessDiva,
haha,,,,your totally in left field but thanks for the opinion. I get your drift okay.
0 Replies

Oldboy66

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 07:08 pm
@engineer,
Thanks for your opinion and no you never read it right for sure. No grudge ever held by me or even now. It took many many years to get what maybe the truth is when all it would have took was when I asked her the first did she go out? If She said yes we did some times and he picked me up times nothing ever took place and he said so too with out lies,secrecy and denial for years and they continued friendship hanging out while was around no big deal! But they never and I NEVER ASKED HER ONE TIME IF SHE FUCKED HIM!!!! Serving and taking care of your young wife and family and country should never give the okay to go out in secrecy with one repeatedly and deny family and friends by yelling NO they are all lies!

Not coming unglued and holding a grudge by keeping the hurt inside me preserved a marriage and family 40 plus years! There is no choice of ending a marriage I told her she could go years ago and I would support and take care of all if she decided she wanted it to be with ever raising my voice! She never left! If she did by even one day I would have ended it , but she never. She claims no cheating and all faithful. She chose to do it all on her own it was no fault of mine. She chose to lie about it I never! I.m a jealous type she always could do what she wants! I just want the truth no matter if it was 100 years ago! I'm not harping about it or being a jerk to my wife, obviously not after 40 plus year actually closer to 50. I deserve to know and in my mind she already cheated the times she went out and lied about it for years. I just wondered what other men would think in same situation and what women would think as well.
Oldboy66

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 07:14 pm
@jespah,
I dont care how many years it has been it has no bearing if it was 100 years ago.
I'm not mad or looking for trouble I have a damaged soul. Trust ,faithfulness was broken by her choice not mine. I gave her no reason to lie,deceit or be in secrecy. I never have! I don't care about statue of limitations breaking the trust of a loved one has none for sure! I already let it go for 40 plus years! So did she cheat? I just want her to tell me the truth. Her silent partner never admitted to any of ever!
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 07:27 pm
@Oldboy66,
The Truth is subjective, in each point.

The Truth is.. You left a wife tending to a small child alone. You are building this up to something nefarious and wrong. So let's start with you. As you were off galivanting, she's left caring for a child with no support system in place.

You left her.

And now, 4o years later, you blame her for some nights out to forget troubles and tribulations for a few hours to come back to reality of raising a child by herself. If Truth is what you're truly after, ask her how many times she cried. Ask her how many nights she's wished you were there. Ask her how many dreams she had of the future, with you in it, or the frightening realization you may not have been.

It's been 40 years. It's time to accept how your choices, and hers, have influenced your marriage.

Then be thankful you're both still here.

Cuz it could have all changed in an instant.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 08:19 pm
@Oldboy66,
Did you ever look at a women in all these 40 years and think she was attractive, or really attractive or really really really attractive, AHA, you are a cheating cad who doesn't deserve to be married because you have CHEATED!!!!!!!!

By the way, does that sound ridiculous to you??? It should.........that what I thought reading your sob-story from 40 years ago. I wish God have given you a wife who is so angel-pure she has never had even a mild annoyed feeling in her pristine essence. Sounds like you are bitterly disappointed, that makes you a big cry-baby.

If you get a chance, let me know how much you suffered due to an ice cream headache.
jespah

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 08:23 pm
@Oldboy66,
Get some therapy before your wife wakes up, smells the coffee, and realizes you've been obsessing over something for 4 decades.

You. Are. Being. Ridiculous.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 08:24 pm
@glitterbag,
P.S. Apologize to your wife, she deserves better than that recent pissy-pants tantrum you've been indulging in.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2022 07:22 am
@Oldboy66,
I don't know the answer to how you can deal with this. I agree that it seems suspicious that she and your friend denied it all these years then finally admitted it, especially when others (her sisters, for example) knew of this. That was pretty stupid. I suspect she was bored, lonely, and wanted some fun. It doesn't mean, though, that they were intimate.

Being lied to does rip a fabric in the relationship, especially for all these decades. Do you think she was afraid of your reaction?

Only you can figure out where you go from here. I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you.
engineer

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2022 07:30 am
@Oldboy66,
You asked her, she told you. Is that enough? What's the purpose of asking her if you don't trust her answer?
Oldboy66

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 06:23 am
@Mame,
Thank you for your thoughts, gives some light on the subject in another way.
0 Replies

Oldboy66

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 06:31 am
@engineer,
I never got an answer, telling nothing but a lie is no answer and the cause of not trusting.The purpose was to get an answer and open up the need to see things from her perceptive as well,but lies do nothing but break any trust one may have. If one takes from another with out permission, then to lie about it upon asking for clarity opens up far more issues past trust.
0 Replies

Oldboy66

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 06:33 am
@jespah,
Thanks for your opinion,producing no value what so ever. She was wide awake and has been for years.
0 Replies

Oldboy66

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 06:39 am
@glitterbag,
haha...I CHEATED you say? I get ice cream headaches once in a while yes. I cry a lot too. Just a bum who never supported his wife and family for many years staying home on welfare and food stamps so my wife could be happy! Hi I'm honey been her all day and do nothing!
Oldboy66

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 07:10 am
@neptuneblue,
Yea I left her! Stayed gone 40 plus years never done NOTHING! Should have just stayed home and quit my two jobs applied for welfare, food stamps ,housing assistance ,living down in the in the projects with free hospitalization! Enlisting for Nam keeping my wife, my 6 month old in a nice apartment, money in her checking account,nice clothes for both of them, hospitalization, sending all my pay home to her direct and her going back to our home town when I deployed overseas was just a bum who left his wife. Oh and boot camp and not seeing your baby and new wife until training was over was great! Hell we went camping and playing in the mud every day! Then headed off to great resort of easy living overseas! While my wife and baby was deserted! Nice senior trip and honeymoon for sure! Hell I bet you would tell me should have got an abortion for my wife!

Oh after getting out , Spent all my productive life 39 years at one company always employed,working and doing the trade I was taught in the Army! Retired after working my way up many years! But I should stayed home never leaving my wife and family, being home every day to keep a watchful eye on my wife so she don't become bored and traumatized with her husband away! She could be happy out with my friend repeatedly while having such a great time I should be happy he kept her safe and happy!

PS Never drawled a red cent from handouts or federal assistance in 40 plus years! Thanks for your great opinion and advice I would never need or find useful Scooter!
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 07:26 am
@Oldboy66,
So...

The jist of the conversation is that she was a cheating whore 40 years ago by going out a few times without telling you.

No one will agree to your assessment of the situation.

What you have been seeing, is that it's been 40 years and the statute of limitations have run out on being angry and distrustful. She has given you 40 years of a good life.

But, it seems you don't want that kind of advice. Go ahead, file for divorce. Nothing and nobody is stopping you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Was This Cheating What Is Your Vote or advice?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:56:53