Meghan Markle

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2022 02:00 pm
So what does the average American think of this soap opera.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 480 • Replies: 17

engineer

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2022 02:03 pm
@malc jones,
I, for one, don't really pay any attention to it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 09:58 am
As the family rushes to the bedside of Queen Elizabeth II, Meghan Markle has been asked not to accompany her husband.

The Duchess of Cambridge also remained at home, ostensibly to welcome her children from their first day at school.

No definitive reports on whether Prince Andrew is attending his mother.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 10:48 am
Photo of William driving, Andrew in the passenger seat, Edward and Sophie in the back seat. Turning into Balmoral entrance gate.

Not sure how long ago it was taken or released to press.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 10:51 am
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2022/sep/08/queen-elizabeth-ii-health-royals-medical-observation-latest-news-live-updates
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 11:40 am
@Lash,
The subject of Meghan Markle is moot for now. Queen Elizabeth has passed away.
Lash

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 11:41 am
It is reported that Queen Elizabeth II has died.
It appears they waited a few hours to make the announcement.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/live-blog/rcna34377
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 11:42 am
@tsarstepan,
I didn’t want to start a new thread.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 06:49 am
Speculation, opinion:

I think Markle will monetize events that have happened around the death of QEII.
engineer

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 06:54 am
@Lash,
I'll take the opposite position, that she will continue on her present "talk show" type course and not specifically use the death of the Queen for personal gain.
Lash

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 07:19 am
@engineer,
So, I consider talking about it on her podcast or writing about it or being interviewed about it to be monetizing it. Do you?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 08:05 am
@Lash,
She is in a bit of a bind, she has a chat show, but instead of listening to whst her guests have to say, her audience want to hear about her life as a princess.

If she doesn't talk about that she won't get viewers, and they're having to pay for their own security.
Lash

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 08:22 am
@izzythepush,
Agreed.

I think this is the primary reason the royal family had planned not to meet with M during their current visit, until the unexpected death forced it. No one wants what basically constitutes a reporter to be privy to our most private moments—particularly a reporter who may have an axe to grind.

The way podcasts work—as I understand it—is the podcast becomes more profitable as subscriptions rise. People subscribe based on wanting to hear what’s being said.

If she talks about events surrounding the death of the Queen, she’s monetizing the death of QEII.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 10:57 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

So, I consider talking about it on her podcast or writing about it or being interviewed about it to be monetizing it. Do you?

If she is using her position as an insider to discuss it, yes. If she is reporting/discussing it the way any other observer of the royals does, no. Of course, if she does not use her inside knowledge, why would we listen to her? There are others who do that better and don't have to restrain themselves. You will have to keep me up to date as I don't follow the story that closely. I did see some snippets of her interview with Serena Williams.
Lash

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 11:43 am
@engineer,
I haven’t heard any of her interviews and, even though I’m showing a lot of nosy interest recently in royal private matters, I hope to return to reason in only a couple of weeks.😂

I will probably scan for notice of her sharing private information around this mourning period, but I promise not to be too told-you-so-ish or demand shrubberies in tribute to my insufferable correctitude.
Mame

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2022 11:47 am
@Lash,
I couldn't care less what any of them (royals) have to say and I am sick to death of reading about the Queen's funeral. So what? Yes, yes... she was loved by a lot of people, supposedly, but I, for one, do not care any more than I would about any other long-lived person. RIP, for sure, but meh.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 06:31 am
@engineer,
Considering recent news reports, the much deeper personal family betrayal seems to be Harry’s expected tell-all.
0 Replies

malc jones

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 01:31 pm
@Lash,
On past record MM will certainly cash in on recent events, maybe after the period of mourning, she seems driven by fame and fortune.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Meghan Markle
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 03:13:47