Windows 10 Shuts Down

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2022 10:08 pm
Well, there most likely are folk out there somewhere who think Microsoft's developers can do no wrong . . .

But: What, exactly, is the benefit of Windows 10 -- entirely unprovoked or so directed -- simply shutting down on its own whenever it decides to do so? Perhaps it is an inherent MS principle to design this interruption so that an operator will be forced to sit back, take some slow breaths, try to relax, and enjoy the few minutes of non-computer time as Windows decides to start back up again -- entirely unprovoked or so directed . . . ?

So: Is this considered a "benefit" of Windows 10 or a "problem to be solved"?

Information appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 308 • Replies: 7

roger

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2022 11:40 pm
@PilgrimHiker,
Tell you what: I never know when the man made computer is going to start in the morning. Thing is, I can't be sure it is windows 10, or a problem with the computer. Furthermore, I have never seen the slightest benefit from the frequent 'updates' they pretty much demand we accept.

Having said that, I have no help or information to offer.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2022 06:31 am
Windows 10 doesn't shut down randomly for either me or my husband or anyone I work with.

You might want to run a scan for malware
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2022 09:36 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Windows 10 doesn't shut down randomly for either me or my husband or anyone I work with.

You might want to run a scan for malware

Or it's a faulty hardware problem.
jespah

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2022 06:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
That, too.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 07:33 am

FWIW, after checking for virus and malware, I’d see whether or not your power supply is healthy. How old is the system?

What’s the system doing when it goes down? Is it using a certain app or running a specific program? Or just random?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2022 10:38 am
@PilgrimHiker,
Hold on here. You’ve posted earlier recent issues you’re having as well. Are these problem issues concurrent with the other issues? Might they be related?

Furthermore, based on your other posts, is it possible you’re doing some photo editing and running out of memory? Or using a program that might not be compatible?
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 02:40 pm
@PilgrimHiker,
I suggest getting "hardware info" ( do a search ) so you could see if the temp is being monitored. Usually that is the problem.

When my computer shutdown it is often it gets too hot. Most computers have a built security feature that will shut the computer down or put it into sleep mode when it is too hot.

80 in the summer is normal ( labtop )
70 in the winter is normal ( labtop )
My desktop is in the 60's most of the time.

I will admit my Windows XP machine will shut-down at random but after turning of the browsers that seems to solve that problem.

I use the same vender for all my machines, ( not Dell or HP ), and they seem to have a built in alarm and shutdown warning if the computer temp goes above a certain amount.

If anything is a virus it is Quickbooks. It installs it's own account and no matter how much I try to clean the registery it is still there. I have to literally go into the operating system files and possible run the true
admin to remove anything. It is a pain to remove.

.................................................................................................

Malware Bytes
Smadav ( extremly strict but has many up to date definitions )
Symatic ( has many older definitions )

are some of the best outside the windows firewall system

I doubt it was any kind of virus. My mail program I use automatically filters out anything that is clearly a scam link and often reading them I find them to be poorly written and sometimes I will get an alert.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Windows 10 Shuts Down
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 09:40:37