Slappy looks women in the eye????

Thanks, Lady J.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:09 am
jespah wrote:
Slappy looks women in the eye????

Am I supposed to?

I bet she looks like a 2lb bag of deli roast beef that got blown up by a firecracker.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 12:31 pm
Quote:
Why is this newsworthy?

Because the story will provoke controversy and sell newspapers.

Of course well-thought-out controversy eventually provokes social change.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Of course well-thought-out controversy eventually provokes social change.

<clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!> :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 07:07 am
Lady J wrote:
I guess my point is, after all this rambling, is that it CAN be done and it can be done without any government subsidies. It all depends on the outlook the family takes.

My mother also comes from a family of 11. Many of the things you said about indoor plumbing, hand me downs and all that are exactly the way things were for my mom too. They ran a farm so all the kids got up at 4 or 5 am before school and did chores.

But the point is they did it without govt help and everyone turned out just fine. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 03:23 pm
Years back, I remember watching a Phil Donahue show that was really great.

They had I 4 or 5 families and the theme was Families with a LEAST a dozen children. Some had more.

It still stays with me how there were some common threads amongst all the families.

The big ones were in charge of the little ones, under Mom and Dad of course

Even the littlest ones had a "job" If you were over 2 years old, you had something to be responsible for.

No one had "special needs" in that if chicken wings were being served for dinner, and you didn't like chicken wings.....you still ate chicken wings.

There was obviously much love for each child, but obviously a lot of discipline too.

The kids past a certain age were all aware that everyone had to work together to make this thing work.

The parents were VERY innovative.

One father owned a McDonalds, on the surface you would think, well these kids eat a lot of big macs (actually, this may have been before big macs)
No, but what they did use were McDonalds sugar, salt, eggs, milk, buns, english muffins, hamburger, cheese, mayo, potatos, napkins, toilet paper, soap, cleaning products. and on an on.

Wow - they really knew what was important.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 11:58 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Years back, I remember watching a Phil Donahue show that was really great.

They had I 4 or 5 families and the theme was Families with a LEAST a dozen children. Some had more.

Darn! I must have missed that episode! Laughing

Thanks for your post...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:26:49