People try to lose weight at McDonald's

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:24 am
One thing I learned last night hunting on the internet is the " contents" of the ingredient.. " natural flavorings"
You know MSG is considered a -natural- flavoring and doesnt HAVE to be listed ??
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:29 am
http://wellnessletter.com/html/wl/2005/wlAskExperts0505.html
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:52 am
shewolfnm wrote:
One thing I learned last night hunting on the internet is the " contents" of the ingredient.. " natural flavorings"
You know MSG is considered a -natural- flavoring and doesnt HAVE to be listed ??

Shocked That's bad since I am allergic to it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:53 am
check out the site I posted.
It gives SOME insight as to what is hidden in the 'natural flavorigs" ...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:10 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
check out the site I posted.
It gives SOME insight as to what is hidden in the 'natural flavorigs" ...

Yeah, thanks! This is a useful tip:

Q: Is it safe to re-use a disposable plastic water bottle?

A:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:25 pm
not necessarily.
you can fill your sink with hot tap water and soap. If it is deep enough submerge the opening under water for a few minutes then use a bottle brush to get inside of it and scrub it out.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:54 pm
Errr, they're 19 liter (5 gallon) containers. At best, it would be a "bath tub job".
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:36 pm
Laughing
fair enough.
I was picturing smaller containers like milk cartons..
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 05:17 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Laughing
fair enough.
I was picturing smaller containers like milk cartons..

haha, No, a wee bit bigger than that. You know, it's the same kind that the water bottle delivery companies will bring to your door.

One of these days, when I'm a decrepit old fart, I'll not be able to lug those out of the store and into our place. Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 05:29 pm
McDonalds... well, I'd lose weight if you made me eat only there as I'd go into starve mode. I haven't actually eaten there in decades. I love a good burger, wonderful fries, great salad, thick milkshake... not from there.

Back in whenever, Los Angeles had a chain of coffee shops called Hamburger Hamlet that had good burgers, though not as good as our friend Harvey's kitchen did. Old fashioned coffee shops often make them for real - or at least sometimes do.

I do go berserk and have a Burger King fish sandwich once in a while, slaps self.

My main coffeeshop weakness is bisquits and gravy. I am always trying to get the exact bisquits and gravy that this place in Culver City used to have... Talk about salt and grease. But that is about once a year, so I don't sweat it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 05:35 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Back in whenever, Los Angeles had a chain of coffee shops called Hamburger Hamlet that had good burgers, though not as good as our friend Harvey's kitchen did.

I never go out to a restaurant to eat hamburgers. My wife makes the absolute best ones from scratch that would make any other one pale in comparison.

<Oh, hi, dear! Didn't see you standing behind me looking over my shoulder...> Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:04 am
How about In and Out Burger ossobuco? Whenever I am in CA, I typically stop by. Just had one last week. Yum!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:22 am
Ok.... <shrugs Ms. Picky>
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 07:53:04