so it seems iam being watched

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:13 pm
has anyone ever had a stalker? or someone who calls your parents at 4 am after your married and gone with a pre-recorded system.... or someone who stands on your front porch looking in your windows at 12 midnight, dispite the fact that the neighbors light comes on and theyre on their porch looking? or have you ever woken up because you heard someone talking... but decided maybe it was an animal instead, but it wasnt! it was the mystery man.

iam so curious to put a face and name to this person its driving me crazy.

I think tonight i will wait in the bushes with a baseball bat, do some sluthing of my own.

atleast it doesnt seem as though he's standing looking in my windows wanking off... cause i guess thats a real bad sign, clypto in the making or something.

maybe i should take karate...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,352 • Replies: 44
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:31 pm
If ur scared u can call the cops (not like you haven't thought of that already)
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:51 pm
Cops would do nothing. You kno how they are, "no proof, we do nothing. No proof, you die. After you die, then we'll do something"
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 01:07 pm
yeah, i dont have any proof yet, so calling the cops is useless. although the troopers are looking into the origin of the phone calls.

still, i think my best bet is to sit in the bushes with a bat and wait it out. he'll come back.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 01:25 pm
Someone fired from the company I work for engaged in stalking behavior with me for a few weeks before his termination, and for several months afterwards.
It was very frightening, but the smartest thing I did was not show any fear, just did what had to be done, for as long as it took.

Stalkers tend to focus on one person, creating some relationship that does not exist.

In this case, I was the ENEMY.

A stalker will take any action, positive, negative or even neutral on the part of the one being stalked as a sign of encouragement.

There is an excellant book on the subject. It's called "The Gift of Fear" it's about trusting your gut, and I really picked up some practical great tips, as well as reinforcing the fact that if you are sure this is going on, not to let others brush it off.

You must really trust your gut that someone is stalking you, you need to be able to get inside this persons head, remembering you have become their focus, and whatever it is they imagine happened between the two of you, is VERY real to them.

One of the lesser annoying things "my" stalker would do was call my home for literally hours on end, hanging up when we answered, then immediatly calling back. Even when we let the machine answer, he would call and hang up for hours.
We finally just turned the ringer off the phone.
This person had made what I considered threats to me in the past, so I would literally look around before I walked out the house.

Never take a stalker lightly - never.

And for those (usually women) who hesitate in employing the tactics to get rid of the stalker because "that wouldn't be nice" Many times it is that attitude that got you in that situation.

Haven't you ever had someone try to "help you" with something, and it was unwanted and made you uncomfortable?

If you refuse the help, you'll probably hear "well, I was just trying to help" bit, or be called a bitch.
Whatever it takes to get you to react, and then when you do react, they see that as an affirmation of your relationship.

Something good from the "gift of fear". If a stalker is calling your home, and tries 505 times and you don't answer, then on the 506th time you finally do answer and tell him not to call back......What the stalker is truly thinking is "I ONLY have to call this person 505 times to get them to talk to me."
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 08:00 pm
i am not really worried at this point. I had a stalker once before, it was someone i was friends with and it went sour, it was pretty simple, all i had to do was confront him and tell him i knew he was stalking me. it freaked him out not to some how have the upper hand in it.

this guy stood on my front porch for at least 15 minutes last night, but my windows are clean. nothing on the porch is disturbed, the screens on the windows were all open, the door wasnt locked, (we live in tiny town usa, we have to drive 40 minutes to get to a walmart, i mean come on, i know EVERYONE in this town)

mostly i just want to know how it is. who ever it is knows my parents, and there arent very many people that know me AND my parents.

its very puzzling.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:57 am
my father in law is a f**king bastard. I havent slept a decent night since i got married. between him calling and stopping buy and eating up my husbands free time. he knows full well about this knew episode with a guy on the porch. This morning he was thumping around out house at 6am and throwing rocks at my bed room window.

damnit.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:07 am
BreatheThePoison wrote:
i am not really worried at this point. I had a stalker once before, it was someone i was friends with and it went sour, it was pretty simple, all i had to do was confront him and tell him i knew he was stalking me. it freaked him out not to some how have the upper hand in it.

this guy stood on my front porch for at least 15 minutes last night, but my windows are clean. nothing on the porch is disturbed, the screens on the windows were all open, the door wasnt locked, (we live in tiny town usa, we have to drive 40 minutes to get to a walmart, i mean come on, i know EVERYONE in this town)

You have GOT to be kidding. I'm leaning toward not believeing your stroy at this point, leaning WAY over.

Are you making this all up?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:54 am
Several suggestions for anybody with such problems.

If you don't already have a pistol in the house, buy one today. Don't wait until the guy breaks in...

They make cameras for tracking the movements of deer at night (for hunters);

http://tinyurl.com/b8enq

or do your own google search on 'scouting cameras'.

Put one of those up near the front porch and you should have at least one photo good enough to go to the cops with in a day or two, if the guy really is coming up on the porch.

Another possibility: get a radioshack electric eye beam and wire it to turn on floodlights and a loud stereo playing the radetzky march when anybody breaks the beam after a given hour...

The possibilities are endless, but first and foremost, make sure you're armed.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:30 am
I told my husband we should get one of those cameras you can trip off. We dont exactly have a lot of money, but i bet i could find something on e-bay.

My neighbor across the street is a state trooper, me and his wife are good friends. She and her trooper husbands were the ones that told us he was standing on the front porch looking in the windows. at first we thought maybe they were seeing a shadow or something. So last night we walked over there to view our porch from their perspective. its unmistakable, since there is a street light RIGHT outside the house. I thought maybe the hedges would make too many shadows, but it is still shed with light.

my husband left me a can of mace today. so atleast i am armed after a fashion.

chi tea- i guess there is something wrong with me, watching too many people die, or being through too many bad things, whatever it is, i dont react to most stimuli... i think my give a **** meter is broken, cause its usually long after belam that i freak out. it could be the lack of sleep too... i dunno.

seriously, iam starting to wonder if it isnt my father in law, i dont want to be grasping at straws, but i honestly think he's trying to make my life hell. he's not far off target. i wouldnt be suprised.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:44 am
Um, is this trooper who's wife is a good friend of yours still employed in the law enforcement arena? Did he think you had consented to this peeping tom leering at you through your front windows?

In any event, you have a state trooper living across the street who alerted you to this stalker, and you're not sure what to do next? I presume he carries a gun?

I'd lock my doors and windows if I were you. And instead of waiting in the bushes, why not just look out your front window every now and then to see if the guy's hanging around?

Incidentally, is your husband able to handle himself? Perhaps he should be the one waiting in the bushes?

By far the wierdest thing you've mentioned so far: You have to drive 40 minutes to get to a Walmart? I didn't know such places existed.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:20 am
oh they do exist. trust me. they exist. we get our news and gossip from the post master, we buy knitted things from the elderly neighbor to keep her fed, and the oldest living dinosaur still walks the streets in her night gown every day, to buy scratch off tickets for reasons we dont know.. the excitement of winning might kill her. the local youth enjoy cow tipping and jumping off coverd bridges into the river.... oh its great.

iam not really going to sit in the bushes, iam slow to react, not stupid. we've got this place locked up like a prison at the moment.

and about the trooper... they tried calling us to tell us but the phone was off the hook, and by the time he went back outside the guy was gone. he does the night shift though and promised to drive by the house when hes able.
you'd be suprised what places 40 miles from walmart are like. theres actually a back room in the local tavern, (one of three local taverns in a town of 600) they have a back room and a back enterance, and its not uncommon for a police car or two to be parked out back late at night for hours at end. the troopers are pretty good, but the sheriff around here... forget it.

my parents had custody of my cousin a year or so ago when her friends dad "kidnapped" her. dad called the sheriff and asked for someone to come help.... no one showed up, ever. it was actually a police officer from my cousins home town in another state who handled the whole thing via the phone with the accused, my parents and hers. go figure.

but the point still remains that the biggest crime ever commited in this area was the neighbors shed beig set on fire by some kids. its still standing today actually... the deputy bought the house and uses the shed for his lawn mower.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:29 am
Consider a cell phone?
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:38 am
Whoever suggested getting a gun, don't do it unless you plan on going to the range to keep your aim sharp. That'd be too muc work.

Seriously, if I was in your position, I'd get some of my guy friends, wait until your stalker comes, then beat him to a pulp unless your stalker has a 'special' reason. But that'd be mean.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 02:12 pm
I think a gun in my hand is a bad idea. I like shooting things, and might turn into one of those nra crazies.

I do have a cell phone... but again, 40 minutes from a walmart plus the moutinas... the reception sucks. lol.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 02:16 pm
Well, something to be able to page the trooper or vice versa...
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 02:19 pm
last night my husband and i came back from being out late. we can lock the back door because the key is sticky in the lock. but we locked everything else.

we have two dogs, a dane who's afraid of his own shadow, and a lab mix who knows more english than most 6 year olds. when we got home the lab came running in doing her "someone was here while you were away" dance. you have to know this dog, she seriously tells you things. anyway, before we had left i made sure i was the last one out, shut the bed room door tight, which is a feat because the latch is 100 years old and takes some banging to catch.

after kysha's vistor dance i trotted upstairs to get ready for bed and amazingly enough the bed room door was askew. my husband says he might have come in before we lift and we werent paying attention, maybe left the door open.. but my dresser drawer was open too.

its all these stupid things that ive always noticed since that first guy that followed me all the time, but it makes me wonder if iam imagining things. am i getting paranoid and i dont realize it?

It would be really odd for someone to call on tuesday, stand on the porch wednesday, and then come in the house thursday. thats pretty damn bold.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 02:28 pm
Fella (presuming it is a fella) doesn't seem all that bright a light.

Wonder if there are prints on the back doorknob.

Anyway, have you tried 3-in-1 oil or wd-40 in the lock?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 02:30 pm
What good is locking doors when you leave one open?
These aren't stupid things you've noticed, get the police in there to take some finger prints. Someone has entered your house illegally

I cannot believe you use the word "odd" to describe all this.

You think because you "know" everyone in your town nothing can happen to you?

You do of course know that most rape victims know their assaulter?

Someone entered your bedroom and you did not call the police?

How many posts have you made today and you're only now mentioning a breakin?!!!!

you mentioned early on your father in law in all this. what was that all about?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 02:31 pm
And then there's the first stalker. Is he still around town?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » so it seems iam being watched
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 01:20:59