NFL team hires Sandra Douglass Morgan, first Black woman to serve as team president

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2022 04:44 am
Quote:
The Las Vegas Raiders have hired Las Vegas attorney Sandra Douglass Morgan to be their new team president, as she becomes the first Black woman to hold that title for an NFL franchise.

Morgan, who was born in Las Vegas, comes to the Raiders after previously serving as chairwoman and executive director of the Nevada Gaming Control Board. She has also served as the director of external affairs for AT&T Services Inc. in southern Nevada and as a litigation attorney for an international gaming and hospitality company.

"I am thrilled that Sandra has agreed to join the Raiders family," Raiders owner Mark Davis said in a statement. "Her experience, integrity and passion for this community will be invaluable to our organization. From the moment I met Sandra, I knew she was a force to be reckoned with. We are extremely lucky to have her at the helm."

Morgan, who was the first person of color to chair the Nevada Gaming Control Board, is the third woman and third Black person to become president of an NFL team.
(espn)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 905 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2022 06:57 am
@Region Philbis,

It’s wonderful to see some social progress somewhere in these crazy times in our backsliding society.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » NFL team hires Sandra Douglass Morgan, first Black woman to serve as team president
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:24:27