WE just saw "TOP GUN II MAVERIK" I thought it a great movi and I really dont like Tom cruise' work.

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:13 pm
The movie was atory of an Aging Top Gun who wa passed ovr in rank his entire career, but he was the best jet pilot in the program. For once (actually twice- I liked Collateral-) the story is nailed and the actor pool fits andplays well together.
The thing I most liked was that all the special effects and CGI fit the plot perfectly.

Two thumbs up from the farmer fambly.
Thi movi ill be givn a spot nomintion at least fo the mecahnics, editing, and maybe acting

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 534 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

glitterbag

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:21 pm
@farmerman,
I usually love his movies but I hate hate hate listening to him during "interviews". Apparently Cruise turned 60 sometime this past week.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:29 pm
I like Cruise, but only some of his movies. Born on the Fourth of July is my favorite.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:53 pm
Being able to separate Cruise the acter from cruise the human is essential in watching any Tom Cruise movie. As a human, he is kind of way out there, but as an actor, he is one of the best.
farmerman

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 07:12 pm
@McGentrix,
This wa a great movie. That Cruis is a religious asshole is inesputable. So we agree . See the movie, youll come out suitably entertained
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 08:06 pm
Great special effects. Predictable and trite plot. Some of the acting was horrible.

I so much better liked “ Elvis.”
farmerman

Fri 8 Jul, 2022 12:33 pm
@PUNKEY,
we agree to disagree. I said Im not a Cruie fan but thi movie and his dual flic w? Jamie Fox re two must sees in MHO.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 8 Jul, 2022 12:53 pm
I thought it was a great movie. Cruise really did well, if you could suspend disbelief, the plot was fun, the action was intense. The former naval officer in me had to laugh at a few things but it was an enjoyable summer flick.
farmerman

Sat 9 Jul, 2022 02:30 pm
@engineer,
bout the scene where the F14 s attack squad was in formtion to the "Target" and they were bypassed by a whole nother formation flock of cruise missiles? theywere coming landwrd to "soften it up"

I embraced all disbelief and became a 12 year old.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:22 pm
The movie was shot here in San Diego as was the first one too!
I am not so much a fan of Cruise, but I did like the first Top Gun movie,
so I will see the second one too - eventually!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Mon 11 Jul, 2022 04:43 pm
War of the Worlds is one of my favorite Tom Cruise movies.

The courage and confidence of his character in a movie that's more about nuclear war than invading aliens gives comfort and hope in a situation where no hope nor comfort would exist.

But we have to learn to separate fame from celebrity. He is famous for his acting, and his celebrity, true or not, is something else again. Remember, the lives of very few people could stand up to the intense scrutiny and loss of privacy that celebrities are subjected to.

Woody Allen is another case in point. Though he's written, produced, directed, and starred in some 50 movies, many of them being great, a mention of his name elicits not his achievements so much as the scandal of his celebrity. One of his movies, To Rome with Love, addresses the absurdity of celebrity.

farmerman

Wed 13 Jul, 2022 10:55 am
@coluber2001,
I forgot "War ...Worlds" It wa clos to the written story and had the tripods closly filmed to the original "Tanks".

My dislie of Cruise (for the mot part) has nothing to do with Scientology. Its mostly his showings in movies.

"Maverick" made up for a lot of his bad performances IMHO.
izzythepush

Thu 14 Jul, 2022 01:58 pm
@farmerman,
The novel was not set in America.

It's set in London and the home counties.

I don't know what book you were reading.
farmerman

Thu 14 Jul, 2022 07:52 pm
@izzythepush,
SO what?? the first film adapation of "War of the Worlds" was by Paramount and set in California. Many Spaghetti westrns made blieve they were set in the US West. Locations are a part of a Producers bag.
izzythepush

Fri 15 Jul, 2022 12:52 am
@farmerman,
Spaghetti Westerns are still set in America despite being filmed in Europe.

Full Metal Jacket was filmed on the Isle of Dogs but set in Vietnam.

You can't claim something is faithful to the book when the action is set thousands of miles away.
farmerman

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 02:52 pm
@izzythepush,
I sure as hell can. Who the hell are you,Dr Johnson??
The setting of a book can be anywhere the author chooses. You ever hear of a real Middle Earth.
These are all made up stories depicting a time or place.

Dont be doin your "bacon is only Brit an from the uppr haunches of a pig". We call that stuff HAM.
izzythepush

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 03:05 pm
@farmerman,
Wells set tge book in London.

And your "ham and bacon" is disgusting.
farmerman

Sat 16 Jul, 2022 03:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Your sense of taste is like that of a grackle. Leave me alone if youve got nothing of substance to offer
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » WE just saw "TOP GUN II MAVERIK" I thought it a great movi and I really dont like Tom cruise' work.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.16 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 01:41:35