Woman eats brats!

Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 11:45 pm
99-pound woman gobbles up 35 brats in 10 minutes to take eating crown

at 17:41 on August 7, 2005, EST.

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) - Sonya Thomas, at 99 pounds, gobbled her way to another speed-eating title over the weekend by attacking a Wisconsin staple - the bratwurst.

The woman known as the Black Widow on the competitive-eating circuit downed 35 brats in 10 minutes to win the first Johnsonville Brat-Eating World Championship. She edged out her nearest competitor by half a brat to win.

"I don't know where she puts it," spectator Sue Van De Kreeke said. "I got sick watching her."

The previous bratwurst-eating record was 19 1/2 brats in 10 minutes.

Thomas, a Burger King manager from Alexandria, Va., is ranked second by the International Federation of Competitive Eating, which sanctioned Saturday's contest during Brat Days. Her various eating records include ones for hard-boiled eggs (65 in six minutes 40 seconds) and chicken wings (167 in 32 minutes).

The day before the bratwurst-eating contest, she won a grilled-cheese-sandwich eating contest in San Diego, eating 22.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,389 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:22 am
For the last 2 years, I watched this woman go up against the best at the 4th of July hotdog eating contest at Nathans at Coney Island (reruns - I just saw the 2nd performance last week. The winner both years is a Japanese man, can't think of his name, but it was really amazing how much he could eat.

It's really incredible, she once ate something like 9 pounds of CHEESECAKE in just a few minutes.

I don't understand either how some competative eaters stay so thin.

I wonder what their practice routines are?

My initial reaction was that it was so disgusting, eating all that food, so quickly, people starving, etc.

But when you really start thinking about it, it is a very difficult thing to do.
There was a cometitive eating contest show after the rerun of the Nathans competition, and one of the competitors was someone who had been/was a baseball player, sorry don't remember.

After a while, I really started to admire some of the competitors ability.

Still, I worry about the health risks - You can be thin and have health issues, and frankly, many of these people are well, "slightly large"

Does anyone know any more about this?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:25 am
Im one of the 100 million or so Americans who, when reading your headline, immediately thought that this woman ate her misbehaving kids.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:30 am
Chai Tea wrote:
I don't understand either how some competative eaters stay so thin.

It's got to be that they have a high metabolic rate. I'm like that due to a malfunctioning thyroid. I've been about 122 pounds for most of my life.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:32 am
farmerman wrote:
Im one of the 100 million or so Americans who, when reading your headline, immediately thought that this woman ate her misbehaving kids.

My wording of that headline was entirely accidental...... really! Rolling Eyes :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:42 am
I thought she ate her kids too...

usually a few days before the eatathon most competitive eaters practice eating a lot of food to stretch their stomachs out, that way they can fit more in on the day of competition.

Ive watched that japanese guy at the nathans compitition too.... holy crap, the mans like a machine. I wanna be japanese, they do everything better than us. Even gourging down hotdogs.

OHOH, and the questiong isnt how do they get all that food in them... its how the heck do they get it all out? seems like a stopped up situation to me.....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:06 am
yeah Breathe I was thinking they must just hurl afterwards, I wonder if you wait for a half hour or something if that would disqualify you.

Did you notice they even have a name for that manuver that Japanese guy does eating the buns and dogs separately and dipping the buns in water first

it's called "The Jananesey"

OK fans, Eater X (really that's the name this one eater has given himself) is downing his 29th and30th hotdog, I don't think he could keep up this pace without doing Jananesey.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:09 am
they are smarter, faster, cooler.... AND they have their own hotdog eating move. we are SUCH losers. lol.

someone should do some eating contests in japan so we can have the americanesey.

yeah, i do know there is some throwing up rule... has to be after a certain amount of time....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:14 am
I bet you can toss the cookies anytime there are no cameras around
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:14 am
farmerman wrote:

Hope beats eternal....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:35 am
BreatheThePoison wrote:
they are smarter, faster, cooler.... AND they have their own hotdog eating move. we are SUCH losers. lol.

someone should do some eating contests in japan so we can have the americanesey.

yeah, i do know there is some throwing up rule... has to be after a certain amount of time....

god I know, I'm getting madder and madder just thinking about it....

It's not just the Jananese though you know.....
Everyone in Europe basically is better than us......

and they keep throwing in out faces every single day by reminding us that they eat so much more fat than us but stay thin, their face creams and lotions make their women look so much better than ours, and both men and woman can have affairs and don't have to suffer the guilt that we do.

I am getting so depressed just thinking about it.

We need to do something like,....like,.....Oh i don't even know - we can't do anything!

I'm gonna go to walmart and buy some stretch pants and a t-shirt that says "hot mama"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:38 am
How about a invade and decimate a country contest? That'll show those candy asses who's boss.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:40 am
yeah!
don't let anyone from anywhere else on this thread so we can plan our tactics.

even those canadians - they just think they're so much better than everybody else.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:47 am
im still floored with the idea of Eating as being competitive????
where did THAT come from?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:56 am
didn't you know? that's what all the cool kids are doing.

god shewolf - get with the program or we're not gonna let you sit at our lunch table anymore.

Seriously - I don't know really, but apparantly it's getting big (no pun intended)
I was even reading this novel the other day where CompEat (I just made that up, I'm so clever) was part of the plot. Whenever the characters ran out of $'s they would send their ringer into restaurant, and they would hustle the crowd, taking bets.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:49 am
I kin eat 50 hardboiled eggs at one sitting
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:43 am
farmerman wrote:
I kin eat 50 hardboiled eggs at one sitting

pickled? and how many blue ribbons can you wash 'em down with?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:47 am
He was doing a bad job of quoting Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke . . .

I can eat fifty eggs . . .

http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/pages/eiga/HO/Previews/Plans-34064.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 11:30 am
i have heard of eating competitions... i just find it.. rather.. wierd?

hehe.. ME.. thinking something is wierd.
Oh thats a riot
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 04:06 pm
i once ate a lot of chocolate and it made me happy. there should be chocolate eating contests, all over the world, then even the losers would feel good.

shewolfnm!!!! your quote makes me want to cry! i love it!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Woman eats brats!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 06:38:04