So where is the world's most wanted man?

Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 11:04 pm
So where is the world's most wanted man?

The Age
August 9, 2005

Every tool in the spying game has been used - and a $25 million bounty placed on his head - but still no one can find Osama bin Laden. Declan Walsh in Pakistan joins the most intense man-hunt ever mounted.

A fury of dust billowed from the military helicopter as it prepared to leave Shikai, a hamlet of fortress-like farmhouses near the Afghan border. Faridullah Khan, a Wazir tribal leader, walked me to the landing pad. Eyes veiled by sunglasses and mouth obscured by a bushy moustache, Khan had an impenetrable air. But one thing was clear, he said: only one year earlier, the settlement was a major global operations hub for Osama bin Laden.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/08/08/9n_osama_narrowweb__200x258.jpgSource[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 774 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:11 pm
I have assumed that he's been dead since the US-led invasion of Afghanistan. We bombed the s*it out of those mountain cave hideouts of his. It is, of course, advantageous for both the US and the Taliban (and its clones) to pretend otherwise. It enables the US and Britain to set up a straw-man to hate, a la 1984. And it gives the terrorist forces a hero who can't contradict anything that his erstwhile lieutenants come up with. I do not believe that Osama is among the living.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:15 pm
Dead
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 06:51 pm
I'm right here baby but squinney has already got me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So where is the world's most wanted man?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/23/2024 at 03:49:35