Are "they" using the puppy lie in spam texts now?

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2022 02:22 pm
Remember the stranger danger stuff for kids? And how these strangers...potential abductors would use help me find my lost puppy to entice children.

I just got a text saying "Dr James I got your number from my friend I'm Christina my puppy moves very slow and don't want to eat dog food I don't know what to do"

Think this is a similar puppy ruse? I almost sent something back but caught myself
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 247 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2022 04:38 pm
@Linkat,
Doesn't feel like it, but still no reason to reply.
jcboy

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 05:59 am
Sometimes when I get one of those spam text I’ll text back and ask for nude selfie, it usually works because I never hear back from them.
Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 06:23 am
@roger,
That was my thought - I kind of felt bad so I was going to let this person know I was not this Dr....then I thought better, is this a spam or something so to be cautious I did not answer.

I would say a several years ago I did get an odd text - someone looking for somebody - I did text back saying I wasn't that person and they thanked me - at the time it did not occur to me that you could get spam and so forth via text.

I also had the opposite happen to me - I texted a "friend" and then the person texted back and said they were not who I thought it was - I had previously looked at it like a wrong number - I got a digit wrong.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 06:24 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Sometimes when I get one of those spam text I’ll text back and ask for nude selfie, it usually works because I never hear back from them.

Funny - what would happen it was someone willing to send this gift?
jcboy

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 06:28 am
@Linkat,
I block them so they can't Smile
Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 11:46 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I block them so they can't Smile

good idea - you would not be able to erase that image from your brain
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are "they" using the puppy lie in spam texts now?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:43:04