Street Walkers

Real Music

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 11:39 pm
1. When the bottom of a home's driveway dips down through the sidewalk, that creates a dip
for anyway walking on the sidewalk.

2. To avoid dipping down into the groove of the bottom of home's driveway every time you walk pass a house,
it can be easier on the body to just walk on the street where the surface stays level.

3. Parking driveways at homes are slanted downward from the house to the street.

4. At bottom of those downward slanted driveways, the driveway intersects and passes through the sidewalk, creating an unwanted dip for anyone walking on the sidewalk.

5. If I can find a picture of what I am describing, I will post it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2022 11:59 pm
1. Many people don't like walking through those driveway dips along the sidewalk.

2. Those down slanted driveways are necessary for the homeowners, so that when they back
their car down out of their driveway, they don't end up jumping off the curb.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2022 12:11 am
This picture is not quite what I was describing, but it is similar.

https://live.staticflickr.com/3190/2947185803_002ba9f206.jpg
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 10:15 am
@coluber2001,
There you go. You next step would be to go to city council and demand all side-walks be wheel chair accessible. ( or at least ones you could spot in the area that specific council is able to have power over ).

1. It could save lives.
2. It would save money on cement.
3. It would allow more quality of life to the area

Not just leave a handicap person feeling less then a child who barely knows how the cross the street feel they have more independence then them. Again what you said is sad and very easy for city workers or people being hired out to repair. They would also reclaim the concrete for other uses.

I understand about living in a driving town type area, my brother does so he is
willing to burn $60+ dollars ever week just to go to his job even if he could spent 30-60 minutes on his bicycle. To top it off he is so paralyzed about the idea of safety concerns over the area he rather not use his bike, which is kind of sad in my opinion.

jcboy

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 10:23 am
@PoliteMight,
I thought I had this knucklehead on ignore, must have been thinking of someone else, well he is now. He/She is a hot mess Cool
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 11:59 am
@jcboy,

you're prolly thinking of his twin brother Mrknowspeople...
jcboy

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 12:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
Awe yes, that clown I did put on ignore Cool
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Street Walkers
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 04:48:34