Contacted ex online after 13 years, need advice

petef

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 05:14 pm
I contacted an ex on FB after 13 years. Within 90 minutes, she messaged me back and also sent me a friend request which I accepted. We messaged real time for about 20 minutes with her asking me a lot of questions before I had to go. Two weeks later she messaged me (not in real time) and we went back a forth a couple of times. I then asked is she would rather talk on the phone and she said to give her my number. Four days later on a Saturday morning, she messaged me asking if I would be around the weekend and what was a good time to talk. I messaged her back Sunday morning and said to call me early Sunday evening, but I never heard back.

10 days later, I messaged her stating that I didn't hear back and was checking. Three days later, she messages me aplogizing for the silence and said her uncle and nephew had Covid and she was busy with other things. I responded within 90 minutes and was sorry to hear about the relatives and said I was home if she wanted to call me. She never did and I never heard back.

This was five months ago and I can't get her out of my mind. I keep playing in my head that maybe if I got back to her on Saturday instead of Sunday and said to call me when ever was convenient that she would have called and maybe we could have set up a meeting and maybe it would have led to something.

I feel that I lost a possible opportunity and it is gone forever.

Just to let you know, I am very shy and a loner and was hoping to get back together. Everyday, I think about this and feel so empty inside that maybe we would be together now.

I was almost thinking of reaching out again, but feel the ship has sailed.

Would love to hear any feedback.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 346 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 06:06 pm
@petef,
Give it one last try. Nothing big. Just... hope you're okay.

And then let it go.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 07:55 pm
@petef,
You know you're projecting your hopes here, right? You don't know this person anymore. It's been 13 years. It was great to catch up, but you shouldn't count on more than that. She was glad to hear from you but from there to a romantic relationship is a long path.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 01:55 am
@petef,
Why did you wait for 13 years? What happened 13 years ago?
petef

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 01:55 pm
@Mrknowspeople,
We had broken up, but I was just thinking about her lately since I am by myself and thought what could it hurt to reconnect and see what would happen
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Contacted ex online after 13 years, need advice
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 05:30:32