Lemon and amaretti trifle, how many of you will be tucking into it next month?

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 06:47 am
Like the victoria sponge, and the coronation chicken, there has been a competition to find a suitable cake/dessert for the platinum jubilee.

The winner was anounced last night, a lemon and amaratti trifle which I won't be eating because I can't stand amaretti.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 338 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 07:12 am
@izzythepush,
Do they have any gluten-free options?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 07:50 am
@jespah,
The recipes for all of the finalists are on the BBC website.

I'm sorry, I don't know about gluten.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 May, 2022 02:30 am
There has been a change in reporting over the past few months.

It wasn't that long ago that the tabloids were attacking Harry and Meghan and the notorious paedophile Andrew.

Now all of a sudden she's no longer the Queen, but Our Queen, part and parcel of our own identity.

It is particularly sycophantic, and it willonly get worse betweennow and the extended bank holiday.

Normally the last Monday in May is a bank holiday, the schools have that week off and it's known as Whitsuntide.

This year the last Monday is 30th May. The schools are still shut for that week, but Monday 30th May will be a normal working day.

Instead we get Thursday 2nd June and Friday 3rd June off instead.

Hopefully the rereleased Pistols song will make number 1.
0 Replies