A very sad local story

Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:08 pm
This happened last Sunday in my town, some 10 blocks from where I live.

When I originally heard this on the radio, I thought this terribly tragic. You live all these years into your 80's and probably have survived many crisises.

You go to church one Sunday morning, just like you've done every Sunday, not knowing that this will be your last. Very sad.

I would imagine that it will be very uncomfortable for the other church goer to return to that congregation.

Fatal seizure suffered after husband struck

Abbotsford News
Aug 04 2005

An Abbotsford woman suffered a fatal seizure while accompanying her husband - who was fatally injured in a collision - to the hospital on Sunday morning, police said on Tuesday.

Shortly after 11 a.m., the 85-year-old man was riding his electric scooter along Peardonville Road as he headed home from church.

As he traveled west across Clearbrook Road with the green light, another parishioner turned right and struck the scooter, causing the man to fall off the scooter and hit his head, said Const. Casey Vinet.

"While being transported to hospital, the man's wife, who was accompanying him in the ambulance, suffered a seizure and became unconscious," said Vinet.

Both did not recover from their injuries.

The couple's names have not yet been released, and the crash remains under investigation.

The man's death was the third traffic fatality in Abbotsford in July, and the ninth of the year.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 291 • Replies: 2
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:10 pm
wow.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:12 pm
I have to say, it brought tears to my eyes and choked me up. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A very sad local story
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:20:48