What do you think about older married couples who "jokingly" insult each other?

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 10:29 pm
I guess it's none of my business but I used to associate with an elderly married couple who for the most part seemed to be responsible law-abiding people but the husband would say things about his wife that never quite sat well with me...even if it seemed ok with everyone else. Once when the wife just got out of bed he "light-heartedly" told a visitor "See how ugly she can look?" and he "teasingly" told another lady "Wow you're submissive, humble...etc., when my wife die I'm gonna marry you!"

I know people sometimes have a weird sense of humor and I know no one here can really tell me much without knowing these folks but they have been similarly rude to me and many others and not much is ever done about it. Some of it bordered on narcissistic gaslighting and bullying. Suffice it to say that I once threatened them with the police if they didn't stop the harassment they were giving me and I've disassociated from them ever since. Most folks who know them normalize their behavior and blame their victims. The worst part is they claim to be Christian.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 169 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » What do you think about older married couples who "jokingly" insult each other?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:03:48