Settlement Payments - you ever receive these?

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 10:44 am
I received a check today for part of a settlement suit. I did get the largest amount which was $100. My husband the other week also got one from something along 30 years ago - a whopping $39. I have received many of these usually they pay out a few dollars - these last two were a bit more.

Have you ever received money via a settlement suit? What was the highest you got? Was it even real money - meaning any of substance ($100 isn't bad) - A couple of times I did receive considerable amount low thousands due to investments.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 254 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:10 pm
@Linkat,
Class action settlement payments mostly benefit lawyers, and there will be many. I guess your benefit will be satisfaction.
Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:43 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Class action settlement payments mostly benefit lawyers, and there will be many. I guess your benefit will be satisfaction.

Yeah I always felt that - the only winners are the lawyers - for those that get paid it is small bucks - and then the companies paying the lawsuit simply increase their costs to the consumer.

But at least I got $100. In the long run I will probably pay that 3 x over.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 02:41 pm
Bought a Corolla. After the last payment was made was sent a salvage auto title. The man selling it was long gone. A lawyer contacted us as part of a larger lawsuit and recovered all of the money the car cost.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 07:46 pm
@Linkat,
I think $25 was the highest amount, but in once class action suit against Vitamix the company had to exchange the blades for free or give $ 75. I had my blades switched out and thought it was a much better deal.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Settlement Payments - you ever receive these?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:26:57