Hi-has anyone done anything special for Lima Bean Respect Day

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 05:38 am
Yesterday (April 20) apparently was National Lima Bean Respect Day. Did anyone here do anything special for it? I for one, want to read some Legume's literature.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 428 • Replies: 17

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 05:41 am
@tsarstepan,
Like most people, I suppose, we had a dinner party in which the food was various lima bean dishes.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:09 am
@tsarstepan,
I thought 4/20 was known for something else. Maybe some people smoked them?
0 Replies

Region Philbis
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 07:45 am
@tsarstepan,

#SufferingSuccotash
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 10:35 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Yesterday (April 20) apparently was National Lima Bean Respect Day. Did anyone here do anything special for it? I for one, want to read some Legume's literature.

NO I have not done anything special for Lima Bean day - as I have little respect for those little buggers. They invade things where I do not want them to be - in these dishes that would have been tasty other than this ugly little flat bean. I have to eat around it and then gasp sometimes you miss one and you get that ungodly mushy disgusting taste in your mouth.

No I have no respect for a little mushy vile thing that tries to sneak in otherwise good food.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 10:54 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
No I have no respect for a little mushy vile thing that tries to sneak in otherwise good food.
Ever tried paella (valenciana)?
Lima beans are not only a good source of vitamin B-6 but the fundamental ingredient in one of Spain's most popular dishes, actually the best-known and best loved dish in Spanish cuisine.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 10:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well that's another good reason never to go to Spain.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 11:12 am
@glitterbag,
My only problem is the price for bomba rice.
Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 11:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Exactly - that is an example of how this vile legume invades otherwise tasty food.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 11:28 am
I thought Lima beans were broad beans, but it turns out they're butter beans.

I would never have guessed that, especially as Butter Beans is a song by the B52s.

Having said that a few days ago I cooked a vegetable dish, asparagus, butter beans and sliced cooked waxy potatoes in an oven dish with a drizzle of olive oil and my choice of herbs and spices, then bung them in the oven.

I make sure the potatoes are on the top for the first fifteen minutes, but after that I turn them. Some of the Butter Beans go lovely and crispy.

I am a fraud though, the main reason I cooked it wasn't because of the Butter Beans which come in a tin, but because Jersey Royals are in season.

They are the best salad potatoes on Earth, they cost twice as much as the rest and are only available for a few months a year.

They have protected status which means that you can only get them from the island of Jersey which is no way near as big as its American namesake.

I don't know how easy they are to get outside of the UK because we probably buy the whole crop.

You can grow them as seed potatoes here, but they are not as good because on Jersey the main fertiliser used is seaweed.

Sorry for going on about potatoes on a bean thread.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 01:06 pm
I love those beans but I can't get my wife to eat them, so I go without.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 04:50 pm
*farts*
glitterbag

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 05:38 pm
@Yalow,
What was the name you used to use when you posted here in the past? I have a suspicion, but I don't want anyone to feel maligned.
Yalow

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 05:59 pm
@glitterbag,
Petite voiture.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

My only problem is the price for bomba rice.

Exploding rice and lima beans? Paella is a dangerous entree!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2022 02:11 pm
I respect Lima beans regardless of their nations of origin.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2022 10:04 am

https://iili.io/WfofEv.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2022 10:19 am
Read a book called the "Winds of Time". What a waste. Not one mention of Lima Beans anywhere.

I put Lima Beans into a steel pot with ham and bone and let it simmer slow and low.

This is the most religious rite I know.

Lima beans come from Lima, Ohio. Otherwise they'd be "leema" beans.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hi-has anyone done anything special for Lima Bean Respect Day
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:39:10