Single/double beds

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 02:00 am
Calamity-I have a friend older than me and on a heck lot more money and she still lives at home, all others are married or living with partners.
Even my brother and his lady both in their early 30's have only just got their own place.
I intend to choose my own bed, thats not the dilemma.

Chai tea-Gloria Swanson!!!!!!!Yes I bought Sunset Boulevard a few months back as I heard its a classic, she is such a vamp!!
-Hey, arnt you Norman Desmond?You used to be big.
-I AM BIG, its the pictures that got small.
I read the shot of the dead guy in the pool was achieved by placing a mirror across the floor of the pool and filming the reflection,so clever.

Gargamel-Blurgh!! to teddy bears.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:16 am
I think it may be helpful to general understanding to point out that property prices (whether to buy or rent) in the UK are extremely high, relative to the income of many young(ish) people.

Therefore, in order to retain some capacity for discretionary expenditure, it's not so unusual for people to live with their parents into (at least early) adulthood.

Also, because of similar factors affecting the space within our homes, kingsize beds (6ft/180cm across) are unusual, except in larger properties.

We use the description "double" to include all beds in which two people MAY sleep. In France, this can be what most other nations would consider 1.5 people beds...but that's the French for you...just remembe that if you're travelling in France and sharing a room with someone other than your "partner"!!!

MG - you'll get it sorted and the embarrassment will be nothing to the additional comfort of a larger bed.

KP
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:35 am
Thanks, Im sure Im stressing over absolutely nothing, as usual.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:12 am
at home we have one of these huge beds (king size?) It fits Mrs F, me, and this menagerie that all come to bed at vrious times , so by morning, we visually display the true meaning of "Three dog night" (plus a cat or two)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:28 am
kitchenpete wrote:
.....but that's the French for you...just remember that if you're travelling in France and sharing a room with someone other than your "partner"!!!

Are you suggesting kitchenpete, we should consider adultery when in France? Mr. Green

Well, other countries, other customs. In Germany, "children" usually
leave their parents house in their early 20s, in the United States
they leave for college with 18/19 years and afterwards move together
with friends/roomates. Ask Slappy.....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:32 am
Theres not only adultery to consider in France, there is also the possibility of having to eat snails.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:43 am
Wait. You've never tried snails?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:43 am
In that case, I'll sacrifice myself and take the first option Mr. Green
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:49 am
There are certain things about both options that are related.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:57 am
Annnnd.....puke!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:59 am
Do tell Joe (must know both options) Nation.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 09:04 am
Pleeeease dont encourage him Calam!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 09:08 am
http://www.borge.diesal.de/oh.gif
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:12 am
CalamityJane wrote:
kitchenpete wrote:
.....but that's the French for you...just remember that if you're travelling in France and sharing a room with someone other than your "partner"!!!

Are you suggesting kitchenpete, we should consider adultery when in France? Mr. Green

Well, other countries, other customs. In Germany, "children" usually
leave their parents house in their early 20s, in the United States
they leave for college with 18/19 years and afterwards move together
with friends/roomates. Ask Slappy.....

Lovers outside of marriage are not frowned upon as much in France as in other Western nations...so joining may be preferable to "beating"... Rolling Eyes Laughing

In the UK, most of those who go to university will move out of the parental homes shortly thereafter, i.e. once they start earning, but the point still stands that there are reasons why this may be slower in the UK - probably not as slow as in Italy, where it takes marriage to separate the bambini from their mamma! :wink:

As for snails, if you've never tried them you wouldn't know what you're missing...though the German "Geschmacksache" is probably the best word to describe the chewy texture - they are nearly always served in garlic/herb butter so that's what you taste. Lecker, meiner Meinung nach!

KP
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:18 am
Re: Single/double beds
material girl wrote:
How do I say to them Id like to get a double bed(which Id pay for)without it sounding like Im gona be inviting guys over(which Im not but you know what I mean).

Tell them that you can easily sleep with guys on a single mattress, so your request has nothing to do with that. That might do the trick.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:23 am
Garlicky snails, enjoyed in a king-size bed with everyone you love.

mmmmmmmmmmm

Material Girl, just make sure your parents understand that you'll need to test any mattresses under consideration, and then simply test the size you're planning to buy. I'd be amazed if they asked any questions. If they're in-tune, they may apologize for not having suggested the upsize themselves - and sooner.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 12:40 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Garlicky snails, enjoyed in a king-size bed with everyone you love.

mmmmmmmmmmm

Agree...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 12:49 pm
I wouldn't trade my kind size for anything. I just wish I'd have gotten it sooner!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:15 pm
Hehe Bella, that was a Freudian slip "kind size" Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Single/double beds
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:23:51