Shaun King

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 01:41 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/285877940_586230439532867_4181459165917456742_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=iAyeLHbwbEgAX9qkFSG&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=00_AT-3Br0LMRNo4J2FYJXLI2PsIb9ZMLhfCB4kf-JBOEqWjQ&oe=62A734F2
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2022 07:10 am
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/287466621_586680539487857_5494785463215813261_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=1CC7vQMu958AX8oRmwI&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=00_AT_oeXVXs-Pt12PIUvLhU_u-gVFsDqCil-8lUTVsgK9njQ&oe=62A930D2
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2022 10:24 am
Some REALLY ugly **** has gone down with families of victims from the mass shooting in Buffalo. NONE OF THE FAMILIES HAVE GOTTEN A DIME THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM ONLINE. And I’m going to need you to make some phone calls today for them to fix this… ASAP.⁣

As you may know, 10 Black men and women were slaughtered by a white supremacist there nearly a MONTH ago. ⁣

And many of us wanted to help the families directly, just like we’ve done in Uvalde, where we’ve made sure each family got enough support to live at least a year without working. ⁣

But 2 groups really hijacked the process, and HAVE NOT GIVEN THE FAMILIES A SINGLE DIME of the $3 MILLION DOLLARS they’ve raised. ⁣

🤬🤬🤬 It’s INFURIATING. Because these families needed this money THE WEEK THEIR LOVED ONES WERE MURDERED.⁣

They need off of work right now. ⁣

You shouldn’t have taken all of the money if you couldn’t give it out quickly. ⁣

But a fund, ironically called the Compassion Fund, and @TOPSmarkets itself, insisted on doing things their way and won’t let go of the money. They are now saying they need SEVERAL MORE MONTHS????!!!⁣

Even suggesting it could be DECEMBER when people get their money. ⁣

🤬🤬WTF?!⁣

GIVE THE MONEY OUT DAMMIT.⁣

Quit the BS. Give out whatever money you have to the victims now. Separate the money that was given from the pledges that were made. Give the money you already have out TODAY and give the rest out later. ⁣

So guess what? ALL OF THOSE FAMILIES had to go back to work already. And were denied the support they deserved in the most crucial time. It makes my blood boil. ⁣

I swear we should never let outside people hijack a moment like this again. Local leaders in Buffalo said this didn’t look right from the jump. ⁣

So here’s what we are going to do:⁣

1. Call the National Compassion Fund @ (855) 484-2846. ⁣

2. Email them @ [email protected] and @ [email protected]

3. Let @MayorByronBrown716 - who endorsed all of this foolishness and has bungled a lot of things these past few weeks know that he needs to make this right. Right now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2022 02:00 pm
Yesterday (June 9) the congressional Jan. 6 committee hosted a prime-time hearing on the attack on the U.S. Capitol that was orchestrated by [mostly white male] domestic terrorists and seditionists on January 6, 2021. It was marketed as an ABC News special called January 6th Hearing: Attack on the Capitol that featured never-before-seen footage from the chaos leading into the insurrection and a live look inside the Capitol as the treason was unfolding.

I was tempted to watch it but then opted not to because I’ve seen similar stories play out in mainstream media. Here’s what I mean:

For the past year and a half, mainstream news outlets have talked about the sensationalism of what took place on January 6, 2021, and politicians have either used insurrection rhetoric as a talking point to express their outrage at how a Trump-led effort to overthrow democracy symbolized the vulnerability of free and fair elections or they have opted to deflect from the severity of the event in the name of remaining in the good graces of a still-heavily Trump influenced Republican Party.

But on both sides of the dialogue, the theatrics of January 6 has seemed to take precedent over the cumulative damage it caused. The promoted images and behind-the-scenes footage and subsequent tell-all books from those “inside the Trump administration” have made a critical moment in American history appear more like a reality TV series, where the people in positions of power that could have been holding the players involved to account have more or less gawked at the spectacle of the moment — talking about the event as if it was a mystery whodunit thriller as opposed to naming the who and the why as what it was all along.

Everyone knows Donald Trump instigated what took place on January 6. Everyone knows that the majority of the insurrection participants were [primarily] members of far-right white supremacist groups. Everyone knows the people who stormed the Capitol had the intent to harm and/or kill sitting members of Congress. Everyone knows that for months conservative media outlets/figures such as Fox News and Rush Limbaugh had been riling up their base to be suspicious of a stolen presidential election, and then when Trump lost, those same outlets rang the alarm of their suspicions holding true.

Nobody with any level of reasoning needs to do a sea-deep dive into the motives of the insurrectionists nor needs weeks and weeks of deliberation over the events of January 6 to know what went down — angry white people and nonwhite Trump enthusiasts went on a rampage in the name of trying to “stop the steal” and keeping a narcissistic authoritarian in power.

Plain and simple.

Moreover, it has NEVER taken the U.S. government this much time, investigation or research to infiltrate or dismantle resistant organizations led by Black and brown people. This government has decimated groups that were advocating for their communities but has found the energy to twist itself in knots to get to the bottom of what happened at the Capitol. They know that the more attention to detail they purport to invest in the findings of January 6, the more it looks like they are invested in punishing those responsible.

Also, it makes for award-winning political theater. And that award-winning performative action creates the prospect of voters casting their ballots in favor of someone who will be tough on domestic terrorists. As if they could not have resolved this act of extreme criminality without all the extraness.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Donney Rose is a Writer, Editor, Organizer and Chief Content Editor at The North Star
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2022 03:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Tick tok is garbage. It could be any social media website. The reality it is a computer program it hooks up to your phones camera, and you can record in seconds and it is uploaded. That is it.

Their are tons of prison injustice and the reality nothing is going to get done about any of them because nobody wants to. The best we could do is keep people out of prison and tell those not to look at anything that will get them into prison. Tons of people get released and because they are "good prisoners" like "good customers in a bank". They get by. It is a reality that there are career criminals like career college students, They serve time just the same.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 09:29 am
Shaun King
·
🚨 I just wanted you all to know that the 2 white men, Donald Corsi and Howard Hughes, that racially profiled a teenage Black boy in Sanford, Florida and threw a brick through his car window have been arrested.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 12:13 pm

Hate Don't Live There Anymore, Hope Does — On the Reclamation of a Former KKK Headquarters
Transform 1012 in Fort Worth, Texas has taken a building that once served as a breeding ground for racial terrorism and has turned into an oasis for equality.

Donney Rose
Jun 16

Front view of 1012 N. Main St. in Fort Worth, Texas, a former meeting space for one of the largest Klan chapters in Texas; Image via Spectrum News 1

The vision of the non-profit coalition of local arts, grassroots, and service organizations known as Transform 1012 is to transform a monument that once served as a meeting ground for one of the largest Ku Klux Klan chapters in Texas into “a beacon of truth-telling, reconciliation, and liberation for the nation.” The building has been renamed The Fred Rouse Center for Arts and Community Healing in honor of a Black man named Fred Rouse who was killed by a white mob in Fort Worth in 1921 and is considered a reparative justice project designed to “return resources to the communities that were targeted for marginalization and violence by the Ku Klux Klan.”

Opal Lee, a 95-year-old founding member of the Transform 1012 board told CNN that she could not think of another project that “would be more meaningful.” Ms. Lee’s lifelong activism work and advocacy for Juneteenth to be made a federal holiday was instrumental in legislation being passed in 2021 that established June 19 and National Independence Day. The work of Transform 1012 is an addition to a legacy dedicated to repairing injuries caused by decades of racial terror.

In its origin, the building formerly addressed as 1006 N. Main Street, was a 22,000-square-foot auditorium that could fit up to 2,000 people and was known as Ku Klux Klan Klavern No. 101 Auditorium. There, Klan members would prepare for terroristic marches and perform minstrel shows. The building opened in 1924 and was damaged that same year by an electrical fire. In 1925 the building was restored and existed as a haven for hatred for the next two years before being sold to a local department store. In the following years, the facility would be used as a concert hall, a wrestling arena, and a shelling and a packaging warehouse.

In 2004 the building was purchased by a group of private investors to be purposed as a rehearsal space for the Texas Ballet Theatre. But in 2019, the Transform 1012 collective of artists and organizers began the work of securing enough funds through donations and grants to purchase the center-of-the-city space which at one time was a gathering space meant to intimidate Black and brown residents of Fort Worth. Their reason for lobbying to gain ownership of the building: to repurpose it as a location designed “to catalyze transformational civic engagement and community partnerships.”

Transform 1012 N. Main Street raised enough money through donations and grants to buy one of the oldest purpose-built KKK headquarters in the country.

Texas Artists Are Taking Over—and Transforming—a Former KKK Building
Those once terrorized by the Klan will decide on the center’s events and programming

The founding coalition of Transform 1012 which consists of eight local community groups has an objective of bringing together leaders in the arts and social justice programming to enact substantive change in their community and having this center-of-the-city historical landmark function as a space for memorial activism.

Over the past decade organizers across the United States have rallied for, and successfully led the charge for removing racist statues, iconography and names of historically racist figures from schools and government buildings. Rarely have there been instances where an entire building that once served as the literal home base for a white supremacist hate group been reclaimed as a cultural offering intended to service the descendants of those victimized by racial terror. The organizers of Transform 1012 chose to gift themselves and their community the atonement that the government at the state and federal levels either refuse to do or slowly act on.

Here’s to this degree of advocacy and reclamation being more the norm than an anomaly.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Donney Rose is a Writer, Editor, Organizer and Chief Content Editor at The North Star
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2022 08:14 am
Shaun King
7 mins ·
Good Morning,
I hope you are doing well.
I am friends with a young single mother who is now facing a rare genetic form of lung cancer. It's an unthinkable challenge. She is undergoing brutal surgeries and treatment - all while somehow trying to find a way to provide for herself and the kids.
Can I be super honest with you? I am so angry that this country doesn't provide universal healthcare and support for families like this. We are literally the only developed nation in the world that just leaves people to figure all of this out on your own?
So GoFundMe ends up being the only lifeline. It's infuriating.
Last year her friends started this fundraiser for her. All of that money has been long gone.
Her damn car broke down and she's not even able to drive herself to treatment or get her kids where they need to be. Let's do what we do and get her the support she needs.
I promised her that my followers are so generous that we'd raise enough for her to buy a new car and pay off her core bills and debts that she's facing right now, OK?
I know you might be struggling, but none of us are facing what she's facing right now.
Please, I am asking you with all of my heart, go here to chip in OK?
gofundme.com/f/queen-yonasda-help-our-friend
Yonasda is a sweet soul and a dear friend to many of us in this modern civil and human rights movement.
Thank you so much.
Love and appreciate you all.
Shaun King
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 10:17 am
On Hershel Walker
Shaun King

·
🤯For YEARS this man has been out here dragging Black fathers through the mud, just to get white people to love his ass, and it turns out he has a 10 year old son that he has hardly seen and had to be fought in court to even support.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 06:52 am
@edgarblythe,
https://www.newsweek.com/why-donald-trump-wont-held-accountable-our-justice-system-1717175

Why Donald Trump Won't Be Held Accountable by Our Justice System
BY SHAUN KING ON 6/19/22 AT 8:05 AM EDT
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 04:08 pm
Shaun King
detpSnsroo101c

6gg8c15fcm0
r
89fhm1
h
f94l2l3
·
🤬🚨 Oh my God. The lies and the cowardice have no end. ⁣

1. They never even tried to open the door to confront the shooter and save the children. ⁣

2. It’s all on camera.⁣

3. They lied repeatedly FOR A MONTH about trying for an hour to open the door and being unable to do so. ⁣

4. It didn’t even lock from the inside. They made that up too. ⁣

5. Every cop that was there should be fired, but NOBODY, not one single cop, has lost their job.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 06:38 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/289190735_593012098854701_5032147018991633307_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=EAWh_ZmfB8MAX-AT1KV&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=00_AT-YgT4KfMcKAF9vxPTUtUc0tDppv1T8Pvf4MFi747brjg&oe=62B3FFB2
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 11:31 am
This is the most important and transparent post I've made in years and I hope you'll take a moment to read it OK? It means a lot to me and I hope that it will mean a lot to you, too.
Nearly 3 years ago you did something very special for me. This email is being sent to that tiny group who believed in me then. I wrote a book called "MAKE CHANGE" that YOU helped make into a New York Times Bestseller. To this day the book still has 5 stars on Amazon and Audible, but it never would've happened without your support. THANK YOU.
A year ago, in the middle of the pandemic, I decided to take an ENORMOUS risk with my professional life and I'm about to ask for your support.
I asked out of my book publishing deal.
I asked out of my literary agency.
I asked out of my talent agency.
I asked out of all writing contracts.
And I decided to go completely independent so that I could be sure of 3 things...
1. I wanted to be sure that I could say exactly what I needed to say about my life, my work, my friends, and the world at large without corporate interference or pressure. You'd be surprised how much pressure has been put on me up until this point.
2. I wanted to be sure that any work I do doesn't unintentionally fund mass incarceration, policing, or injustice and bigotry of any kind.
3. I wanted to be sure that my future work as an author allows me to completely control the supply chain so that brilliant Black artists, editors, designers, printers, shippers, and everything in between are prioritized at every part of my business. As it stands right now in the publishing world, this just isn't the case.
AND SO......
Here is my BIG announcement. (Actually, it's 2 announcements.)
1. I am launching The North Star Publishing to identify and tell long-form stories that simply aren't being told anywhere else. We will be completely independent of corporate influence and ownership and will be able to support courageous voices that we truly think need to be amplified right now. We will be producing physical books, e-books, audio books, online courses, and much more.
And here's where I need your support - and you are literally the very first people to hear this.
2. The very first book we're publishing from The North Star Publishing is going to be my autobiography, entitled "Lemons and Stones: The Autobiography of Shaun King."
It's available now and ONLY there. We won't be selling anywhere else.
Now here's where it's about to get crazy.
I've committed to pre-selling 100,000 copies of the book.
And those will be the only copies we EVER print and sell. Because we are fully Independent, right now the only books we can afford to print are those that are pre-ordered. And for this first book, my autobiography, our goal is to print and pre-sell 100,000 copies - the most I've ever heard of for an independent book.
Now, let me tell you about LEMONS AND STONES...
Life gives you LEMONS and STONES...
This book is the story of what I’ve done with them.
When they were first thrown at me, I was crushed, and saw nothing redemptive that could possibly come out of it.
I didn’t make lemonade.
I didn’t build something special with them.
I knew no meaningful parables to give them context or purpose.
They just piled up all around me.
Eventually, I learned to lob them back at people and even squirt some lemon juice in people’s eyes along the way (friends and foes alike) - which obviously wasn't sustainable.
It’s taken me being alive across 6 different decades to finally figure out that what life routinely throws at us can indeed be unfair, but that SO MUCH of who we are is about what we do with what life gives us.
This is not about to be a book of me bragging on how smart I am and how much I want you to be like me. It’s quite the opposite. And it’s why I’ve been scared to death of even writing it.
I’ve started and stopped this book so many times. I actually wrote a New York Times bestseller, in great part, to avoid writing this one.
But it’s time.
And to make sure that I can keep it all the way real, I’m going completely independent without any corporations or agencies or publishers interfering with what I have to say. This book can’t be cancelled.
This time, I don’t even care what lists we make or special reviews we get. I just wanna give you a raw, transparent, revealing, emotional, hilarious, adventurous, redemptive look into my life so that I can share two essential lessons with you about lemons and stones.
If you miss the lessons, you’ll still love the journey I’m about to take you on.
But if you learn the lessons, it could change your life forever.
It took a year of therapy, my whole life secretly being turned upside down, and a series of family emergencies for me to finally get over my insecurities of what I am about to tell you.
By going completely independent, which is unheard of nowadays in book publishing, it means that the only way we can successfully publish this book is to pre-sale every single copy.
We aren’t even going to be on Amazon or anywhere else. You can only get this book here.
Our goal is to sell 100,000 total copies of LEMONS AND STONES and to never make the book available for purchase again.

THIS IS IT - a limited run where we control everything from who does the artwork, the editing, the layout, the printing, the shipping, and everything in between.
And every dollar of this purchase is going back into three very special projects:
1. First and foremost, it’s how we’ll publish this book and get it into your hands.
2. Secondly, it’s going to help us launch The North Star Publishing - our brand new independent publishing arm that is going to allow us to find and tell long form stories that simply aren’t being told anywhere else and…
3. Lastly, your purchase will help support The North Star News Group - which has produced over 2,000 original articles at TheNorthStar.com and six original podcast series with over 700 episodes. With your support we will be able to not only continue our work, but we will be able to bring on new writers and editors.
-----
So, that's where we are, my friend. I'm going for it.
And I REALLY want you to go there with me.
Please, if you can, go ahead and purchase your copy of Lemons and Stones tonight, OK?
Love you all so much!
I am only able to do what I do in the world because of your support.
Your friend and brother,
Shaun King
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 09:47 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2022 12:32 pm
Shaun King
29 mins ·
🤬 WTF. ⁣

The LAPD literally beat one of their own officers TO DEATH in what they are trying to claim was a simulation exercise.⁣

Houston Tipping was 32 and had his neck broken in multiple places and cuts all over his face. ⁣

1. It’s crazy even if this is exactly how it all went down. ⁣

2. But it’s NEVER smart to take the LAPD’s word for it on ANYTHING. How in the hell do you beat a man to death IN A TRAINING? ⁣

I think they beat him to death in some kind of initiation or for a punishment of some kind.⁣

It just doesn’t add up. ⁣
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2022 03:14 pm
What did I tell you? Biden has NO INTENTION on even trying to do the hard things necessary for this moment. None at all.

https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/290212422_596957755126802_3310958552611742844_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=r8_ikJcI_r8AX_XmHdR&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=00_AT-0NDCDwdukT5rlNPcJUMdfyTcft3jt-FrVa-qMGp5aWA&oe=62BED9D9
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2022 09:04 am

No, this isn’t fake. And it’s a VERY dangerous new development. I’ve never seen this in my life. ⁣

A sitting United States Senator, @johncornyn, in real life, just called for the Supreme Court to overturn Plessy vs Ferguson and Brown vs the Board of Education. ⁣

These white supremacists are being EMBOLDENED and saying things out loud that they have NEVER said before in public.⁣

Those 2 cases are essential cases for the civil rights and protections of African Americans in this country.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2022 05:45 pm
BREAKING: 67 years after this arrest warrant was issued, then ignored, it was just found, for Carolyn Bryant Donham.⁣

THREE POINTS:⁣

1. Arrest this woman immediately for the murder of Emmett Till. It never would’ve happened without her. ⁣

2. This shows you that the federal investigations and state investigations that have happened in the modern era were all bullshit. Anybody could’ve found this… IF THEY SEARCHED. ⁣

3. Just as Nazis are NEVER too old to prosecute for the Holocaust, neither are the bigots involved here. Period. Sending love to my dear friends at the @emmetttilllegacyfoundation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2022 03:03 pm
Jayland Walker. ⁣

I just learned that the police in Akron, Ohio murdered this young brother in as brutal of a fashion as I’ve ever seen. ⁣

8 police officers, 7 which were white, fired a staggering 90 bullets at Jayland, shooting him at least 60 times in his face, chest, legs, back, feet, and everywhere else you can think of. Even when he fell down they kept shooting. ⁣

They shot him SIXTY TIMES.⁣

His body was as mutilated as a human body could be. ⁣

HE WAS UNARMED when they shot him.⁣

Police claimed they originally pulled him over for a traffic violation. ⁣

Jayland has never been arrested or in trouble a day in his life. Ever. Hate to even have to say that, but you know police will malign his name as soon as they can.⁣

Protests are happening RIGHT NOW in Akron and the whole city is being shut down. Festivals being canceled, etc. It’s that bad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2022 06:47 pm
I’m not an alarmist, but I truly feel that our nation is on the brink of something very violent and very ugly. If you don’t see it or feel it, you aren’t paying attention
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/291810365_601870634635514_3512238264706460200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=A9wFZskAC08AX_WjiMt&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=00_AT-6xKWsK8R9WezawofoC0V5UQh_UxpiMQDWqOtdMrjxoA&oe=62C52EFE
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Shaun King
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:20:16