Funny yet concerned!

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 01:04 pm
As I've mentioned before my wife is an introverted person. She doesn't do well in crowds of people. She doesn't like speaking to too many people. And when we're done doing anything she's ready to leave. And do not ask her to speak in front of a crowd. Pre-pandemic we went to Bible Study one night and this particular night was gender specific discussion. The men were in one part of the church with the pastor and the women were in the sanctuary with the first lady and each were having our own discussions. he told me that in their group the first lady asked her to stand and speak on something, which she did reluctantly. She didn't go back to bible study after that for hear of being called on again. Even now with the pandemic we do zoom bible study and I'll connect my laptop with our big flat screen so we can see everything. I'm always on camera but my wife will sit off tot he side on the sofa so no one can see her. She said she doesn't like bein on camera.

Well, every year we do a Palm Sunday production at our church where a few people in the church will write a script and the members act it out the Sun before Easter. Last year I was asked to play Jesus. I didn't tell my wife I was even in the play until the day of the production and I walked out in costume. She got a great kick out of it.

This year I was again asked to be in the production and I said sure. I was then asked if my wife wouldn't mind being in it as well. Knowing how I know my wife I told the guy I would have to let him know. She flat out said NO! He said he'd email me the script. A few days go by and he emails me the script and he and I begin chatting via text about it. He again asked if my wife wouldn't mind being in the production. She and I were looking over the script. I would play the husband in a marriage and at one point during the play I have to refer to whomever is playing my wife as "baby". When my wife saw that she completely changed her mind. She agreed to be in the play and stated that I was not going to call anyone else "baby" even if it is in a church production. IF, and I do say if, I was a real actor there's no way we could remain married simply because of calling someone else baby, sweetie, or honey, much less having to kiss or do a love scene with another actress.

How funny is this that she is this insecure than to not want me to call another female church member baby even during a simple Palm Sunday production.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 203 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 01:08 pm
I would have sympathy for the poor woman and make the script change. It's not like you're in a major production.
Barry2021

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 01:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I would have sympathy for the poor woman and make the script change. It's not like you're in a major production.

No, you're right. It's not a major Hollywood production. But I didn't write the script. I can't just tell them to change it so my wife doesn't feel some sort of way because I'm calling another female church member, who just so happens to be playing my wife in the play, "baby".

That's like if she ever found out I had a girl on my job, when we all were in the building, who referred to me as my work wife. There's nothing behind that term other than someone who watches out for you "at work". Nothing sexual at all. Me and this girl started the company at the same time and were in the same training class. Then when they assigned us our desks they put us side by side. She would help me out on stuff and I would help her out on stuff. She's now moved onto another dept but we still communicate from time to time. I dare not say to my wife I have/had a "work wife." She'd hit the roof.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 01:45 pm
@Barry2021,
If they have any moxie they will make the change but they won't unless you ask.
Barry2021

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 02:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Edgar, it's a church play with a husband and wife scene. It's not that serious to be making a deal out of it.
Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 02:48 pm
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Edgar, it's a church play with a husband and wife scene. It's not that serious to be making a deal out of it.

Exactly - think about it in reverse - its not that serious - so why are you making a deal out of it - simply change that one word.

Or make your wife unhappy - your choice.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2022 02:58 pm
You're telling how silly of her but you seem as reluctant as she to be assertive.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 01:33 am
Last year you played Jesus, and this year you're playing Justin Bieber.

That's a unique take on Palm Sunday.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Funny yet concerned!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 12:44:16