Tennis World #1 Announces Retirement

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 09:10 am
Ash Barty, Women's number one, winner of Wimbledon and most recently her home slam the Australian Open, announced her retirement.
Quote:
Ash Barty surprisingly retired from tennis at age 25 while ranked No. 1 and less than two months after winning the Australian Open for her third Grand Slam singles title.

"I'm so happy, and I'm so ready. I just know at the moment, in my heart, for me as a person, this is right," Barty said, her voice shaky at times, during a six-minute video posted on her Instagram account Wednesday in Australia.

Saying it was time to "chase other dreams," Barty said she no longer feels compelled to do what she knows is required to be the best she can be at tennis.

I guess if you accomplish all your goals, it's time to move on. I often wonder why more athletes who make serious money early in their career keep up the grind of pro sports when they are set for life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 648 • Replies: 0
No top replies