Devil's Advocate: What if Putin has irrefutable, secret information about the US invading Russia?

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 08:03 am
Devil's Advocate: What if Putin has irrefutable, secret information about the US invading Russia?

This is a very ominous proposition and one which I find unlikely, but not impossible, to fathom. In order to really think about such things, one must be prepared to remove personal biases from the equation and substitute with probabilities.

Such a scenario would at least partially exonerate Putin and present him as a stateman with some credibility. I am old enough and have seen enough to flirt with any possibility, much as it strikes me as farfetched in the extreme. But, alas, it is a dire possibility.

We had no hard evidence justifying the invasion of Iraq. Yet the US population was not denying George W Bush his delight in doing so. The US does not always "follow the rules", let us face it. Killing people like flies in Iraq was not protested too strongly within the "good old, fair, law-abiding, ethical" USA. Presenting false intelligence, and then adhering to such as truth, was the method of operation for the George W Bush Presidency. Few people gave a damn long enough to stop waving their patriotic flags.

Some things in life do not require evidence in order to merit being truthful. - David Lyga
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 166 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hightor

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 08:44 am
@david lyga,
It's difficult to believe that even the US would be dumb enough to be planning to invade Russia. What for? Lately the big concern in Washington has been China. Not saying that your question shouldn't be considered, but without further evidence it doesn't seem likely. I think Putin gave convincing reasons (from his paranoid perspective) for the invasion. If he had irrefutable information about a US invasion (you didn't mention NATO) I don't think he would have bothered starting a conflict with a neighboring state.
david lyga

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 08:50 am
@hightor,
Well, by "invasion" I also meant possible attacks other than militarily. Cyber attacks are also possible.

What I was really getting at is this: What if the USA is not as pure as it now seems to be to us who are rooting for Ukraine. Stark possibilities do exist. - David Lyga
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Devil's Advocate: What if Putin has irrefutable, secret information about the US invading Russia?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 04:22:31