What should I tell this guy?

Merliah

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 06:41 pm
Hi I met this guy at the library and he told me he liked me because I looked young for my age and I was flattered and gave him my number and he just texted me and though at first I did this because I was lonely I honestly I wish I didn't now because he really isn't my type and I am in love with someone else. I feel bad for leading him on and I just got a text from him saying how are we supposed to talk if I am not on the phone all the time...what should I tell him to let him off easy?

jespah

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 06:51 pm
@Merliah,
Tell him -

It was really nice to meet you and I appreciate the sweet things you said about me. But I want you to know that I am not looking for a relationship.

That is, get to the point fast. Acknowledge that he said nice things because he did. And be kind about him as a person, that it's nothing he said or did or didn't say or do.

You've known him how long? You don't owe him much, but it's always better not to just ghost someone or block them out of the blue.
Merliah

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 07:25 pm
@jespah,
Thank you jespah I just left him a text telling him the guy I am seeing gets really jealous and that seeing him probably wouldn't be as great of an idea as I thought so I don't think seeing him right now is the best time which isn't far from the truth anyway. But he seems really persistent he really wants to go on a date with me and he seems really interested I feel bad for getting his hopes up and then disappointing him.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 08:16 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
Tell him - It was really nice to meet you and I appreciate the sweet things you said about me. But I want you to know that I am not looking for a relationship.

Really good advise jespah.
jespah

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 12:22 pm
@Merliah,
Don't feel bad. You don't have to please everyone.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 12:31 pm
@The Anointed,
Thank you!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What should I tell this guy?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 02:37:04