Pivot .... Is this the new buzzword?

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 09:20 am
I am in a company wide call a couple of days ago and different speakers had used the word pivot many times. Then I am watching commentary at half time and they as how they need to pivot in their game play.

Is this because of Friends? I know replays of this show are huge....why oh why do we need to take a nice word and then overuse it?

Myself I vow not to say this word and will replace it with a nice normal word like change, re evaluate... Words I normally use that are anti buzz.

Anyone else experience this vile overuse of a word?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 215 • Replies: 7
No top replies

hightor

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 10:08 am
@Linkat,
It was mentioned on NPR as one of the words popularized due to the pandemic.
engineer

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 10:40 am
@hightor,
It would also be a tough Wordle word.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 11:26 am
So we got a survey with suggestions and comments on the town hall...I am tempted to suggest not saying pivot ever again as it is meaningless and over used and I would expect more from executive vice presidents.

What are your thoughts?
engineer

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 11:41 am
@Linkat,
Lol, depends on if it is anonymous.
hightor

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 11:46 am
@Linkat,
"Resilient" ought to go with it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 11:56 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Lol, depends on if it is anonymous.

Ok it said it was anonymous ... So i commented...Pivot was overused resulting in it being meaningless I suggest that it is,explained what we are going to do instead.

Pray I don't get a pink slip.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 01:13 pm
@Linkat,
These things keep popping up, don't they? Several times a day, I'm invited to check out someone's "Covid Dashboard". Dashboard? Maybe they should pivot.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pivot .... Is this the new buzzword?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:33:03