Homeowners Insurance

jcboy

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 05:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Now I get a freaking letter in the mail stating RESCISSION OF NOTICE OF NONRENEWAL, they're going to renew the policy.

I talked to a couple of friends and they gave me two new agents to contact about homeowners insurance. At this point I'd rather pay a little more then have to deal with them again.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 03:32 am
I'll probably get another threatening letter soon since the freaking city is on fire again! We haven't been told to evacuate yet but just a few blocks away two homes were lost.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 03:39 am
@jcboy,
Take care of yourself and family.
jcboy

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 03:44 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks Izzy, I've been up all freaking night, the smoke is everywhere and its still burning! We may have to get out soon. I was just reading that 20 homes in the area have been destroyed.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 04:25 am
@jcboy,
I just saw a news report, it must be bloody scary especially as there's so much wood over there.

Most of our houses are made of brick, there is wood in them and they do burn, but not so quickly.

We're all thinking of you at this end.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 05:23 am
Leave the sprinklers on when you leave.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 08:50 am
@jcboy,
Jeez! Take care of yourself and family and pets. Pretty scary!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 10:54 am
@jcboy,
If your city is burning, make sure you are continuously covered if you do change companies. I know that's too obvious to mention, but I thought I would.
Mame

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 11:40 am
@jcboy,
Wow - that's really frightening! We don't have any trees where we live (forest) but the smoke from forest fires from Oregon, WA, BC and Sask last year was dreadful. We had a whole town in BC that was eliminated. Fire is so scary being that it's driven by the wind - it can change direction in a heartbeat.

Are you loading up your vehicles in case you have to make a quick exit?
TribesmenMike

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 12:13 pm
@Mame,
They’re already gone. I just talked to Morgan. They had the cars packed and ready yesterday. The fire is almost contained and their home is safe but the air quality isn’t healthy. He found a place to board all the animals and their going to be staying in a Hotel for the weekend.
Mame

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 12:27 pm
@TribesmenMike,
Thanks for the update... good for them for getting out.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 06:53 am
You know living in California I’ve seen my share of wild fires but this one was too close to home. The neighborhood looks like a war zone with ash everywhere. The largest home at the top of the hill burned down to the ground. While driving home we drove by this one house, still standing but they left a car in the driveway and it looked like it exploded!
jcboy

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 06:54 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

If your city is burning, make sure you are continuously covered if you do change companies. I know that's too obvious to mention, but I thought I would.

We still have the same insurance, I haven't changed companies yet because our policy is still good through July 15th.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 07:12 am
@jcboy,
Good to hear from you again. I hope you and yours are all well, and thanks to Tribesman Mike for keeping us up to date.
jcboy

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks Izzy, we could have stayed as the fire was pretty much contained but I just couldn't stand the smell. Not healthy to breath. I did find a cat and took him with us, must belong to someone in the area and perhaps got scared and ran away. Going to make fliers and put them up in the neighborhood, someone is missing him.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 07:21 am
@jcboy,
Most casualties in fires die from smoke inhalation, so you did right.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 19 May, 2022 08:52 pm
@jcboy,
How hard that must be to witness such destruction to your neighbors and neighborhood. Similar to a war zone.

Glad you’re safe and sound and with your home intact.
jcboy

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 09:03 am
@Ragman,
Thank you, We were one of the lucky ones. Some people lost everything. They had to gather what they could and load it in the car. I know material things can be replaced but it’s got to be devastating to lose everything.

And I still have the stray cat. No calls from my flier yet. They could still be out of the area. You can tell he’s a healthy house cat, probably got spooked and ran out of the house. I may take him in today and see if he’s micro chipped, that way I can find his owners.
jcboy

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 02:15 pm
@jcboy,
Well a couple with their two kids came by and picked up their cat. They were out of town and thought they lost him forever. They were very thankful we took him in, they even reimbursed me for the boarding fee when I had to board them all.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 03:01 pm
@jcboy,
Stay safe, glad the owners found their cat.......it was good of you to save the poor thing. 🥰