THE PROBLEM WITH ABLE2KNOW

Glennn

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 11:43 am
@hightor,
Quote:
You only provided the video after I pointed . . .

And the video didn't change the original context, did it?

And how did I get the context concerning the CDC's lie wrong? It came from their site. Are you ever going to acknowledge their lie? And if not, why not?
hightor

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 11:51 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
And the video didn't change the original context, did it?

You mean the context which you failed to include?
Quote:
And how did I get the context concerning the CDC's lie wrong?

You didn't get it wrong; you didn't post it at all.
Quote:
Are you ever going to acknowledge their lie?

I don't know if there even was a lie.
Quote:
And if not, why not?

Because it's your obsession, not mine.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 11:57 am
@hightor,
The problem with A2K is clingy obsessives.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 12:32 pm
Rule 13.
https://able2know.org/rules/
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 03:38 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
You mean the context which you failed to include?

Cognitive dissonance on display.

You obviously believe that what I posted was somehow damnning, or you wouldn't have insisted that I took it out of context, huh? So I provided you with the entire conversation and asked you for the proper context. There is not one person reading this who does not understand that in a real and honest discussion, the proper context is going to be the very next thing we're going to see in your very next post. But we didn't see it, which means that you actually do understand that the ellipses didn't change a thing. So . . .

And why are you asking me to provide context? What a lame attempt to turn this thing around. The quote is a clear statement; no context necessary. You claimed something about offending ellipses being at the bottom of a deception of some sort. But you've turned down every opportunity to prove that tony's statement was taken out of context. Even after being given a video of the whole conversation, you won't provide proper context. You believe that somewhere between the lines, he was actually saying that a cycle-threshold of anything over 35 will give meaningful results. If you would like to retain some credibility, explain how the quote represents the opposite of what he clearly said.

No doubt you'll try to turn your constant failure to explain your interpretation of a simple statement of fact into my obsession with pointing out that failure. But it wouldn't be fair of me to just let you talk past any point you please, would it? Especially when that point happens to point to medical fraud. So let's do this again just for old times' sake. Where's that proper context you believe in?
Quote:
You didn't get it wrong; you didn't post it at all.

More cognitive dissonance. I've already provided a link to the CDC site where they claimed to have the virus. I've also posted their response to FOIA requests. They said they don't have it. They said that's why they used a virus from 2003 as a reference point to study the NOVEL coronavirus. I'm not here to accommodate your memory issues.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 03:48 pm
@Glennn,
9 No personal arguments ad nauseum.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 03:49 pm
@david lyga,
What's the problem with resisting racist, misogynistic rants like the one you just posted?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 03:52 pm
@david lyga,
Quote:
Re: Walter Hinteler (Post 7210678)
Walter, the answer is this:

When I say that these forums' members have a certain mental persuasion, I am cognizant that not EVERYONE is like that. There are SOME who (maybe quietly) endorse what I here impart.

If I were interested in winning a popularity contest, your question would be very accurate and worth heeding. But, no, I am willing to chip away at what I can get. And if I do not know, ever, of my small successes, so be it. I KNOW that I have influenced some, maybe only a few, but some.

Look at it this way: If I were to be on a forum which endorsed most everything I said, what would be the purpose? I would simply blend in and produce nothing new. - David Lyga

Maxxy? Izat you?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 04:26 pm
@Glennn,
Nein.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 08:24 am
@david lyga,
Troll, troll, troll your boat, max!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 10:31 am
I still think the major problem with A2K is a reduced membership especially a participating membership. I think we can all get off our high horses a bit and stop being self-proclaimed experts, though that is the motto of A2K, "Ask an Expert".
Still, what we have is pretty good compared to Facebook.

Regarding David Lyga:
I find his expression, his way of speaking to be muddy and thick with pretentiousness. It's not at all clear what he is trying to say. His language is overblown and avoids the point. It sounds like he's trying to be William Buckley all over again but failing the clarity.
david lyga

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 08:22 am
Able2Know moderators and constituents:

On these Forums, there is a fascinating panoply of rigorously obedient feminists who are so indebted to this mindset that they are not aware (even privately) that their allegiance is so embedded and cemented. The challenger to this obdurate ethos, David Lyga, is hard pressed to cultivate a seeming value for his worth on these Forums other than by his being a repository for a cascade of opprobrium and villainous invective. Does that marginalization sadden me? No, it does not. Instead, it does entice me to try to comprehend why, with such a seemingly unpopular and castigated contribution, my thread is one of the more popular on Able2Know. Yes, for someone as reviled as is David Lyga, his formidable popularity seems to be tethered to an outpost of insanity. Seems to me that the detractors have an ongoing need for my purported villainy.

There is not one member of Able2Know whom I would not welcome to converse with over a cup of tea. I would find no reason or satisfaction to denigrate such person, no matter how intensely the dichotomous thinking evolved. Life is a learning curve; those who hew solely to the familiar, to the complete exclusion of the initially unwelcome, are destined to arrive at the end of life with loose ends and questions about their own self-worth. Why? Because self-worth is all about personal growth, not perpetually making love with the familiar. The human mind was made to be challenged, not comforted with either the predictability of a metronome or being continually assuaged by other like-minded entities. That is how we grow, even if the initial medicine is bitter tasting. Looking squarely at both sides, giving both an equal effort to understand, without ingrained biases getting in the way, is not indicative of a human weakness.

There are those who will champion this directive … say it is false, and that true mental openness exists and thrives on Able2Know. Yet, let one counter the aligned wavelength of these Forums and the speed of nasty epithet will manifest quicker than a Jack rabbit can procreate. Somehow, people like David Lyga are considered to be a threat. I have my own theory on this matter. Seems that my words are subliminally acknowledged, deeply understood, but uncomfortably perceived to mesh badly with an acculturated view of the world’s newly ensconced cultural prerogatives. To these people: wishing for cultural modification means FIGHTING for change, leaving no prisoners, no infrastructure, behind. Tradition, itself, is deemed to be the bête noire, duly assigned to the ignominy of being either ‘racist’ or ‘misogynous’, or both, and the only way out of this pigheadedness is to revolt, razing all that came before. – David Lyga
hightor

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 08:56 am
@david lyga,
Quote:
Yes, for someone as reviled as is David Lyga...

I don't think it's as severe as that. Your habit of baiting the forum with controversial opinions might simply be perceived as an act or a way to get attention. Why revile one who merely courts abuse?
Quote:
...his formidable popularity seems to be tethered to an outpost of insanity.

You may be confusing popularity with notoriety.
Quote:

There is not one member of Able2Know whom I would not welcome to converse with over a cup of tea.

You're a better man than I. But how about we sit down to a fifth of Old Grandad "Bottled in Bond" and finish it, shot for shot!
Quote:
Seems that my words are subliminally acknowledged, deeply understood, but uncomfortably perceived to mesh badly with an acculturated view of the world’s newly ensconced cultural prerogatives.

Or maybe they're simply dismissed as typically cliche-ridden attempts to play the role of contrarian.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 08:56 am
@david lyga,
Seriously, Max?

That was truly pathetic as well as misogynist.

Why do you feel everybody else has to choke down your garbage without comment?

david lyga

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 09:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
They do not have to do anything, Mr Bob. That is their choice: to heed or to recede. - David Lyga
david lyga

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 09:13 am
@hightor,
I not only invite, but embrace, all of your comments. - David Lyga
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 09:20 am
@david lyga,
As a singleton, Max, take your own advice and punish us by not wasting your seed on rocky ground?

The last thing I need to heed is anything you post.

The fact that you get to keep this OP despite of the ToS regarding interference with forum moderation, puts the lie to your posting.

You put your product out on the counter and nobody, but nobody, is buying it. You make yourself look ridiculous whining about your lack of "free speech".
david lyga

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 09:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I, not fulsomely but genuinely, encourage your comments. Perhaps the antidote is to ignore me, then I will drift away. - David Lyga

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 08:49:54