Russia attacking nuclear plant

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 07:21 pm
Really American 🇺🇸@ReallyAmerican1 · 35mBREAKING: The Russian Military is shelling a Ukrainian nuclear power plant. Ukraine’s minister of foreign affairs has stated that the fallout could be 10 times bigger than Chernobyl.

Who else thinks it’s time to deliver more sanctions on Russia and more aid to Ukraine? 🤚

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 07:22 pm
Russian troops are shelling Europe’s largest nuclear power station in Ukraine, officials say
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/03/russia-ukraine-live-updates.html
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 07:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
This is really interesting and stupid. A lot of that fallout is going to go Russia's way.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 07:29 pm
I believe Putin's strategy is of increasing insane moves until Ukraine surrenders.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 07:32 pm
Of course it might not even be true or the Ukrainians could be shelling it.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 08:51 pm
@VABGirl,
I'm going to be sorry I asked, but why exactly do you think the Ukrainians are shelling a nuclear plant in their own country?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 09:49 pm
Ukrainian officials say nuclear power plant secure after Russian attack
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 12:08 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Really American 🇺🇸@ReallyAmerican1 · 35mBREAKING: The Russian Military is shelling a Ukrainian nuclear power plant. Ukraine’s minister of foreign affairs has stated that the fallout could be 10 times bigger than Chernobyl.

Who else thinks it’s time to deliver more sanctions on Russia and more aid to Ukraine? 🤚

More aid, weapons, weapons, and more weapons. More sanctions, if there are more that haven't been used.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 12:31 am
@engineer,
Quote:
A lot of that fallout is going to go Russia's way.

The "strike" wasn't anywhere near the actual reactor, nor the cooling system.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 06:55 am
@Builder,
The strikes appear to have been made with a knowledge of what could be destroyed without damaging the reactor.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 08:10 am
They were taking control rather than destroying.
engineer

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 09:49 am
@edgarblythe,
That implies a certain accuracy in shelling, confidence in intelligence and lack of fog of war that I don't believe. It seems Russia was able to take the plant just damaging one reactor, but I can see how they justify the risk.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 09:57 am
@engineer,
Well, there is a terror factor in what they did as well as controlling the power grid looks like to me. Scaring the **** out of people is a fine bit of psychological warfare.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 12:27 pm
Some news outlets still report this story in a way calculated to alarm us as though it's not bad enough they took control of the plant.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 12:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The strikes appear to have been made with a knowledge of what could be destroyed without damaging the reactor.

Obviously Russians don't use Aurora Borealis for night vision googles...
In fact I am more concerned with Uranians trying to fight back on those key strategic points without proper equipment.

If I had to guess behind the fog of war we are going through I would risk bigger powers suggest "firmly" for president Zelenskyy to retreat instead of fighting back.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2022 04:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
They were taking control rather than destroying.

As with any conflict, the truth is the first casualty.

Noted is that the media mostly denied the massive radiation fallout from the tsunami in Fukushima. No need to panic the whole Pacific.

Allowable limits for contamination in milk supplies in Canada and the US west coast, needed a little nudge up the scale.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Russia attacking nuclear plant
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:08:55