How do I make my grandmother understand that it's her time to go?

dcaddcb

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2022 10:47 pm
I'm 29 years old and I can honestly say that I'm ready to enter into eternal rest. I'm not depressed, but I've done everything I've wanted to do and seen everything I've wanted to see. Also, the earth is getting overpopulated by the day, and if you ask me, the human population should've gone extinct a while ago. I've been able to think of a peaceful way to depart, and would go right now except for one problem; my maternal grandmother is still alive at 91.

People are always saying how there's nothing worse than a parent outliving their child, how it defies nature. But they're wrong. There is something worse than a parent outliving their child; a grandparent outliving their grandchild. That doesn't merely defy nature; it crushes nature. I'm fine with dying before my own parents, but I am NOT fine with dying before my remaining grandparent. That would leave a really ugly stain on my family. Therefore, I really can't go until my grandmother goes.

And the thing is, it's way past her time. She's lived way longer than most people do, even by female standards. And yet, she doesn't seem to be able to understand that. She's had more than enough time on this earth, and she wants more still. What do I have to do? She's not an atheist like I am, so would it help if I told her I'd be right behind her in death? I'm just worried that my parents will find out about my plan to depart and take drastic measures to stop me. What if, at the next family gathering, I read aloud public obituaries of people much younger than her who have died. Would that her guilt her enough into leaving?

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2022 11:08 pm
@dcaddcb,
Today all I can say is stay.
Stay.
And I know that may not be easy to hear

And this one word might bring fear

But stay.

Stay for the sunsets and sunrises and surprises that do somersaults straight into your soul.

Stay for the sequels and prequels because you never know if Space Jam 2 will be a bust or beautiful.

Stay for the reunions and weddings and re-runs of Kings of Queens and Freaks and Geeks.

Stay for viral videos of animals doing only what we thought they could do in our dreams.

Stay to take another step with grace.

Stay to wake to another day that could be the best day.

Stay to shake the slumber of your sleeping self.

Stay for confetti cake, because confetti cake is good!

Stay for summer days at the lake and for the moments of give and take.

Stay.

And I know.
I know, today is hard.
And tomorrow might be too.
But move closer to see the beauty found within all that has come to be.
Let the light shine through all the cracks, scars, and questions.

And stay.

And I know there are days when the last thing you want to do is stay

But if you stay for today then i’ll see you tomorrow.

And tomorrow is worth staying for.
And maybe tomorrow we can have some confetti cake.

1-800-273-8255
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2022 11:19 pm
I hope your grandmother lives to be at least 115 years old.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2022 12:43 am
Definitely see a therapist, and if necessary get medication. You are obviously deeply depressed.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2022 09:11 am
@dcaddcb,
You need a doctor's care.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2022 09:48 am
@dcaddcb,
Your grandmother's life is none of your business. Your grandmother obviously doesn't share your beliefs or feelings about life and death and you need to leave her be.

How would you dying before your grandmother 'leave a really ugly stain" on your family???

She has NOT lived 'way past her time'. My Father-in-law died at age 98, and his wife died at 94 ... we die when we die. It's certainly not up to you to say. Leave her the hell alone.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 05:32 pm
@dcaddcb,
dcaddcb wrote:

I'm 29 years old and I can honestly say that I'm ready to enter into eternal rest. I'm not depressed, but I've done everything I've wanted to do and seen everything I've wanted to see.

“….really ugly stain on my family. Therefore, I really can't go until my grandmother goes.”

And the thing is, it's way past her time. She's lived way longer than most people do,…”

Please seek out professional help. You’ve never once indicated your having ANY physical health issues or that you’ve got some terminal illness. If you take your own life, that would be a selfish act. Things can change and can change drastically.

Ate age 29 you’ve seen a small part of life and as such don’t understand how perspective can change with time. Clearly your perspective is skewed, possibly by psychological depression. You’ve expressed clearly that you’ve decided that you want out. At age 29 that is a thought procsss that is flawed and screams of depression and huge lack of objectivity.

Furthermore, Deciding for your grandmother that she’s been here too long also indicates damaged perspective.

I hope you can get help in time to do yourself and family some good.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 07:24 pm
@Ragman,
Perhaps if deaddcb can convince his/her grandmother to depart this world soon, and leave her worldly goods to her/him, She/he might be convinced to live on a little longer.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2022 08:06 pm
I think Mame said it all very well above.

You say at 29 you are ready to die, now, and that you have done, achieved and experienced all to which you aspire in this life.

If that's the case why don't you kill yourself and leave the remaining ennui behind you. That you haven't yet done so tells me that you are just spouting puerile nonsense and that nothing you have so pompously written above should be taken seriously by anyone. It appears that the other responders here have all quickly grasped that obvious fact.

That you are using your grandmother's continuing life as an excuse for not taking that action tells me that you are not only a fool, but hypocritical and cowardly as well.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)

1. Forums
  2. » How do I make my grandmother understand that it's her time to go?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 10:24:46