Parential favoritism

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 06:29 pm
Some parents never find fault with some children and find constant fault with others. My brother was one of the exempt genre, while I was always accused of malfeasance.

Looking back, I am not so certain that I would have been better equipped in life if I had been able to get away with more. We live within a circumscribed environment and gain access to insight through how we manage these restrictions. Sometimes better is not going to yield better. - David Lyga
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 215 • Replies: 5
No top replies

david lyga

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 06:49 pm
@david lyga,
I beg forgiveness for misspelling 'parental', discovered after the edit window closed.
hightor

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 06:49 pm
@david lyga,
Quote:
(...) I am not so certain that I would have been better equipped in life if I had been able to get away with more.

"Better equipped" or more highly rewarded?
david lyga

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 06:53 pm
Oddly, I see no post from hightor.
0 Replies

david lyga

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 07:00 pm
@hightor,
Now I see your post (which I had mistakenly downgraded).
Emphatically, 'better equipped' rather than 'rewarded', hightor. The necessity to safeguard an arsenal of mental acuity needed to delve into life's exigencies has more profound value than do the attainment of both high income and social status.

Ask either Bernie Madoff or Jeffrey Epstein. - David Lyga
0 Replies

mjseedscanada

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 03:52 am
@david lyga,
Parental favoritism is when one or both parents display consistent favoritism toward one child over another. It can include more time spent together, less discipline, and more privileges. As a parent, we usually try to remain neutral and treat all of our children equally. But that task is a lot harder than it sounds.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Parential favoritism
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:52:42