Moviepass: Zombie/Pyramid Scheme Edition?

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2022 07:05 pm
Moviepass is allegedly back from the graveyard. Don't hold your breath that it'll stay around long enough to change the moviegoing landscape.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 375 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2022 06:31 am
@tsarstepan,
I've seen individual movie chains start to offer passes that I think would be more trusted. I think the time for movie pass has passed
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2022 08:49 am
@engineer,
I've been using the AMC monthly version ever since Moviepass kicked the bucket and went bankrupt. I don't plan on going back to Moviepass. With my new job and insanely close proximity to the Manhattan Alamo Drafthouse, I may end up taking their monthly service as well as they're restarting their version soon. It's like a 2 to 3-minute walk from my office building.
engineer

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2022 09:32 am
@tsarstepan,
The AMC program was the exact one I was thinking of. AMC bought out all the Carmike theaters around here, so we have an AMC, a Regal and a local chain (Stone) mega theaters around here and they pretty much play the same things so it doesn't matter which we go to. AMC generally has better popcorn but Stone is closer.
0 Replies